Virtual Switch UI Showing removed Machines

razormoon
Easy as a breeze

Re: Virtual Switch UI Showing removed Machines

Post by razormoon »

xavierh wrote:Reinstalled latest version of Virtualizaiton staiton for QTS 4.2.3

Created temporary vms with similar names as the ones showing as ghosts in the network configuration: TURNKEY_OBSERVIUM & Ubuntu_16.04

Deleted the VMs after they were created and they disappeared

Removed virtualization station from the NAS. The virtual switch created by Virtualization station disappeared

Reinstalled QTS 4.2.3 20170121 and rebooted the NAS

still the ghost entries appear
Two things to consider in my above scenario (and I apologize as I forgot to mention them!) was:
  • Container Station must be uninstalled as well. It kept the VS switches from truly updating on the Network & Virtual Switch
    Directories must be manually removed after uninstalling VS
I kept getting the "exclamation" icons, disappearing VMs on overview screen when VM runs and oddly enough vswitch.conf would edit itself if any VM was running. (I don't get it!!)
vswitch.conf looked fine if nothing was running and as soon as I started any VM, vswitch.conf settings would be blank. Turn VM off and vswitch.conf was fine again. Uninstalling Container Station fixed this.

I used WinSCP to visually inspect the NAS directories. After uninstalling, I searched (and deleted) anything QKVM. You'll need to find these yourself as I can't remember from the top of my head where they were.
:!: TVS-871-i7-16G 5.0.0.1932 Build 20220129, KODI, WSE 2019
:?: 1 x KINGSTON SNV325S2 as 2mb block cache, WDC WD40EFRX as RAID5, 1 x WDC WD40EFRX as iSCSI
:idea: APC PRO 1500 S
:-0 WIKI SUPPORT

"Nothing is impossible. Only expensive, illegal or both."
xavierh
Experience counts

Post by xavierh »

razormoon wrote:
xavierh wrote:Reinstalled latest version of Virtualizaiton staiton for QTS 4.2.3

Created temporary vms with similar names as the ones showing as ghosts in the network configuration: TURNKEY_OBSERVIUM & Ubuntu_16.04

Removed virtualization station from the NAS. The virtual switch created by Virtualization station disappeared

Two things to consider in my above scenario (and I apologize as I forgot to mention them!) was:
  • Container Station must be uninstalled as well. It kept the VS switches from truly updating on the Network & Virtual Switch
I kept getting the "exclamation" icons, disappearing VMs on overview screen when VM runs and oddly enough vswitch.conf would edit itself if any VM was running. (I don't get it!!)
vswitch.conf looked fine if nothing was running and as soon as I started any VM, vswitch.conf settings would be blank. Turn VM off and vswitch.conf was fine again. Uninstalling Container Station fixed this.

I used WinSCP to visually inspect the NAS directories. After uninstalling, I searched (and deleted) anything QKVM. You'll need to find these yourself as I can't remember from the top of my head where they were.

I have seen the same behavior and yes i agree that something is left behind. at this point i am moving all the apps that i have installed as PKGs into containers before i blow up this ** and start for scratch. i will continue to check this until the time to do the "operation"

QNAP TVS-951xQTS 5.0.0.1986 build 20220324 OS Storage Pool: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD x 4 (RAID 5), Data Storage Pool: WD WD30EFRX (Red) 3TB x 4 (RAID 5), 16GB RAM WD Easystore 10TB External USB 3.0 Services: SMB, Appletalk, QPKG: Container Station, HBS 3
QNAP TS-453AQTS 5.0.0.1986 build 20220324 Services: SMB, HBS 3
Network: UDM, UDM Beacon, Unifi 8 Port Switch x 3, Flex Mini Switch, In Wall AP
xavierh
Experience counts

Post by xavierh »

razormoon wrote:

these are the only 2 directories

/share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.QKVM
/share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/.QKVM

that i have found on my system

QNAP TVS-951xQTS 5.0.0.1986 build 20220324 OS Storage Pool: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD x 4 (RAID 5), Data Storage Pool: WD WD30EFRX (Red) 3TB x 4 (RAID 5), 16GB RAM WD Easystore 10TB External USB 3.0 Services: SMB, Appletalk, QPKG: Container Station, HBS 3
razormoon
Easy as a breeze

Post by razormoon »

Did you try? Did it work?
:!: TVS-871-i7-16G 5.0.0.1932 Build 20220129, KODI, WSE 2019
:?: 1 x KINGSTON SNV325S2 as 2mb block cache, WDC WD40EFRX as RAID5, 1 x WDC WD40EFRX as iSCSI
:idea: APC PRO 1500 S
:-0 WIKI SUPPORT

"Nothing is impossible. Only expensive, illegal or both."
xavierh
Experience counts

Post by xavierh »

razormoon wrote:Did you try? Did it work?
Nope, delete them rebooted and still they appear. I did open a call with support and they asked me if i had a backup of my system. At this point, that's the road I will take:

Backup the while system, blow up the nas and reconfigure it

xavierh
Experience counts

Post by xavierh »

At the end, I reformat de nas installed 4.3.2 beta firmware and was done with the whole thing (no more ghost entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

enclaved
First post

Post by enclaved »

I was able to get rid of the ghost vm adapters by recreating the vms with the same name, suspending and resuming them. Deleting the network card out of the hardware section and then removing the VMs. After rebooting the phantom entries did not come back.
makar1
New here

Post by makar1 »

Hi guys
for me helped little command that reset nas network settings:

Code: Select all

sudo /etc/init.d/netmgr.sh reset_all_settings_to_default
this removed all ghost adapters too
before I reset network settings, I uninstalled VS
Psybernoid
New here

Post by Psybernoid »

makar1 wrote:Hi guys
for me helped little command that reset nas network settings:

Code: Select all

sudo /etc/init.d/netmgr.sh reset_all_settings_to_default
this removed all ghost adapters too
before I reset network settings, I uninstalled VS

I'll chime in with this working for me too. In addition I also uninstall VS & CS, and deleted both the .QKVM & .qkpg/qkvm folders before running the command.
Rene72
Getting the hang of things

Post by Rene72 »

NAS: TS453pro

I have done all steps above but still not working I had to reset the Qnap 3 seconds twice. First it did default to IP 169.254.100.100 on nic 1 & 2 did not work so I did a 3 second reset this time it was set to dhcp. I connected only port 1 of my nas to my dhcp server network and got an ip address and could access the nas with the default admin account. Did reset the account created a new vswitch and configured the ip services and everything was working again.
wkearney99
Know my way around

Post by wkearney99 »

For anyone else searching, this article may be relevant:

https://www.qnap.com/en-in/how-to/knowl ... -switch-ui

I had some orphaned adapters left over from previously deleted VMs. This took care of removing them.
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
tiglda
Starting out

Post by tiglda »

Hi

Try this, it works with me

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... -switch-ui

Regards

LC

Return to “Virtualization Station”