New here

Re: 4.3.3 vSwitch VM not able to access lan

Post by wknas11 »

I have two open tickets on it.
torchredfrc
Starting out

Post by torchredfrc »

I've been back and forth with a tech support rep but no resolution yet. I have my VM's talking to the NAS via the virtual switch as long as I have the QVPN app disabled. The help desk response time is absolutely horrible - if I get any resolution I'll update everyone here. Please do the same if you guys get a resolution from any tickets you open.
torchredfrc
Starting out

Post by torchredfrc »

Support has contacted me again today, we are doing another session for him to further document the issue. He cited that other people have posted the same issue so they are doing collection. I'm guessing this must be others in this thread. Hopefully they will resolve these issues soon.
wknas11
New here

Post by wknas11 »

I worked with Pao and Jose at QNAP support, very nice helpful folks, and for my problem, we found that I had my VPN client IP pool range the same as my network IP range which was conflicting. We changed the VPN client pool range to its own dedicated range and it cleared the problem. For anyone experiencing the same problem, I suggest changing the VPN client pool range. Hope it helps.
torchredfrc
Starting out

Post by torchredfrc »

That's great news wknas11, mine was also in the same subnet. I have moved my VPN out of that subnet and it no longer appears to be killing my VM -> NAS network however I can't connect to the local network addresses from VPN now. Did you have to add any route rules to the QNAP to get it to let the VPN subnet talk to the normal network?

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”