linux station / container / vm on both network jacks in separate networks

QNAP NAS solution for server virtualization and clustering/HA/FT
chanlists
First post

Post by chanlists »

Dear all,

at my site, we have two different networks with different address ranges on physically separate cables and hardware. Let's say one is 192.168.178.0/24, and the other one 10.86.8.0/24. They are connected to one each of the two network jacks of a QNAP TS-253B-4G. I have three network printers (LAN jack) which I would like to make available on both networks using the NAS. From what I understand, using the built-in functionality, that is only possible for USB attached printers. Now I thought I was going to try this using linux station and a cups and samba server running on it. However, I have been unable to configure the two linux station virtual adapters to talk to a virtual switch each, which is then each assigned to one of the physical ports. One of the virtual adapters of the linux station keeps being attached to the "container network (docker0)".

What is the appropriate way to do this? Should this work using linux station in principle, or should I use a suitable container? Thanks for any insights into this,

Christian
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

I don’t know if that it is possible due to the way Linux station works.

You could try doing a regular docker for cups/etc.

Another option would be running a Linux VM via VS which would then let you have 2 vNICs mapping back to your 2 different lan subnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”