VirtualizationStation 3.5.3 cannot assign PCIe GPU

QNAP NAS solution for server virtualization and clustering/HA/FT
marcomv
Starting out

VirtualizationStation 3.5.3 cannot assign PCIe GPU

Post by marcomv »

Hi all,
Just bought a QNAP TS-h886 ( firmware h4.5.1.1472 latest ) which i ve installed the nvidia gpu GT-710 in the expansion slot.
Already installed the APPS: NVIDIA GPU Driver 4.0.0 and NvKernelDriver 4.5.1.1472 on the AppCenter just fine, under hardware resources i see NVIDIA Corporation GK208B [Geforce GT 710] correctly assigned to Virtualization Station Mode ( i need to use it on a Windows10 VM for the HDMI output ).
Problem occur when i decide to assign the GPU via PCIe to Virtualization Station in the PCIe options, infact it gives me:
Attempt to extract the vbios failed. Please reboot the NAS and try again. (1607)
I ve try countless time to reboot and re-assign the GPU, but didnt get positive results..
Any advice?
Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vinoopy
First post

Re: VirtualizationStation 3.5.3 cannot assign PCIe GPU

Post by Vinoopy »

Same here.
Also have NVIDIA GPU Driver 4.0.2 and NvKernel Driver 4.5.2.1638 installed via app centre.
But the moment I try to assign the GPU to virtualisation station 3, it gives me this error:

"Error ... Attempt to extract the vbios failed. Please reboot the NAS and try again. (1607)"

No fix, even after reboot.

Someone with knowledge in this area, please help.

Vince.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”