Unable to Access NAS/Shared Folders in Win10 VM (after update 20H2)

QNAP NAS solution for server virtualization and clustering/HA/FT
adamduff
New here

Unable to Access NAS/Shared Folders in Win10 VM (after update 20H2)

Post by adamduff »

I hoping someone can help. I recently updated my Windows 10 VM (with update 20H2) and I can no longer access the shared folders of my NAS (or even access the NAS via it's IP, using run, eg: \\192.168.0.99).

If I revert back to a previous backup (before 20H2), it works fine, but I would like to fix it with this update.

I've created a new admin user on the NAS (which is a TVS-1282, running QTS 4.5.4.1715) to stop using the default 'admin' user - and this is the same user that I have created in the Windows VM.

I have SMB enabled (if I SSH in and use this 'smb2status', I get confirmation it is running and using version 4.10.18).

All my VMs are still connected through the same Virtual Switch as before (so nothing has changed there).

...but I still cannot access the NAS or shared folders from within the Win VM - does anyone have any ideas? (thanks!)
adamduff
New here

Re: Unable to Access NAS/Shared Folders in Win10 VM (after update 20H2)

Post by adamduff »

Actually, I’ve spun up an old backup again now into a new VM and that’s not connecting too, so it’s not the 20H2 update. Could it be the change to a new admin user in QTS? (I am happily able to connect to the NAS and shared folders from another Windows machine on the LAN - eg not a VM on the NAS)
adamduff
New here

Re: Unable to Access NAS/Shared Folders in Win10 VM (after update 20H2)

Post by adamduff »

[Solved] annoyingly after much work trying to resolve, this was the same (simple) problem as others have faced recently - it was just a blocked IP! (I didn’t spot it due to a very long list of blacklisted IPs). Anywho, all sorted now!

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”