Lastest Firmwares break AD

Questions about using Windows AD service.
R1ch
New here

Lastest Firmwares break AD

Postby R1ch » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi,
I am running a TS-251+ as a stand alone Domain Controller. I am using a separate computer to assign DHCP but assign the NAS as the primary DNS server. This all works fine when using version 4.3.4.0597 firmware.

When I upgrade the firmware to any of the latest ones, version 4.3.5.0713 included DNS and AD functionality all stops working and trying any of the Windows AD management tools gives the error of "The server is not operational". If I revert the firmware back to 4.3.4.0597 everything starts working again.

Many Thanks
Rich

sistemas.codini
First post

Re: Lastest Firmwares break AD

Postby sistemas.codini » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:48 pm

I have similar problem after latest firmware update.
The NAS disconnects from AD after minutes, then the resources become unavailables. After that I need to enter to Web Interface and reconnect AD manually.
Please QNAP SUPPORT brings a solution!!

Corsair
Know my way around

Postby Corsair » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:57 pm

If you read through the posts in the firmware section of the forum (viewforum.php?f=73) you will - in the section relevant to your NAS - that there have been a few reported issues with the 4.3.5.x firmware.

Please report any issues you experience directly to QNAP so they are aware of them. https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Model: TS-451+ Firmware: 4.3.4.0675 Build 20180810
HDDs: 2x 4.0 TB Western Digital WD40EFRX-68N32N0 in Bays 1 & 2 RAID: RAID 1
HDDs: 2x 1.0 TB Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 ST6O in Bays 3 & 4 RAID: RAID 1
Storage Pool & Volume: Both RAID 1 groups combined into one storage pool with one, thick, volume.
Services: Microsoft Networking, File Station,Web Server
Apps: PLEX Media Server 1.13.5.5291

Ossie
First post

Postby Ossie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am

I have the same problem.

I discovered that under Domain Security / Edit Redundant Domain Controller it was showing my domain controllers as missing.

If I manually set DNS Servers it seems to resolve the issue.

Iduna
First post

Postby Iduna » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem in two QNAPs
Anything new?

R1ch
New here

Postby R1ch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 pm

I have now upgraded to 4.3.5.0278 to see if the issue had been resolved. Unfortunately it hasn't and my domain has stopped working again. However when I go to Domain Controller on the QNAP Control Panel I now get a very unhelpful message saying "The default gateway interface has not been setup correctly."?????

frongiam
New here

Postby frongiam » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:34 pm

R1ch wrote: "The default gateway interface has not been setup correctly."?????

It's the same issue we have and we are unable to demote the NAS or make any changes because checkbox and other settings option are grey and cannot be modified.
Already opened a ticket on 12th October and have not received a reply yet....

R1ch
New here

Postby R1ch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:59 pm

I think I have found a fix. For me the issue seems to revolve around only using 1 of the 2 network ports on the NAS and having the other sitting unconfigured.

I am not exactly sure of which step(s) fixed the issue so I will list all of the changes I made:

Under Network access, Service Binding, enabled service binding and removed all ticks from the unused interface, left everything ticked for the in-use interface.

Under Network & Virtual Switch, interfaces, click System Default Gateway, choose Select....... and set the fixed gateway to the inuse interface and failover as None.

Lastly I disabled IPv6 on the inuse adapter as I dont use it.

Then rebooted the NAS.

Hope this works for other people.

Cheers
Rich

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”