How to turn off Roaming Profiles

Questions about using Windows AD service.
hagaldanh
First post

How to turn off Roaming Profiles

Post by hagaldanh »

Hello all.

So the short story is that i had not logged into my qnap TS-453B for a few months. WHen i logged in, it said there was an update. I agreed to update whatever it was. After the update, several things went wrong with functionality. One big thing, was i lost all my domain setup, and had to re-set it up from scratch. All my PCs, lost whatever was on the desktop, because the profile got wiped before i realized it, due to the lost and re-setting up the domain profiles.

One issue i am now having, is when i log into a domain account, it seems to be acting as if my profiles are "roaming"; because it creates a "TMP" directory under the C:\users folder, which then is removed when you log off the profile. Anything you put on the desktop or traditional local profile setup, is lost. ALL of my PCs, that were using domain access, are doing this.

I dont want roaming profiles, and would rather continue to have local profile accounts. But I cant figure out why, when i login on any PC as a domain account, that it gets a "TMP" folder under the C:\users\. In the domain, user account setup, there is a field for Profile Path, but i do have it blank.

I have searched for hours, and cant find any setting, that would toggle on or off roaming profiles; but feel there has to be a global setting om QNAP NAS itself somewhere; given that all my PCs, all at once, after having to rebuild the domain, are now acting like the profiles are roaming, because of not saving the profile locally.

I am hoping that someone can point me to where the setting is, or what may be out of whack; that is causing my domain profiles, to act as if they are roaming.

Thank-you for any help.

Dan.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”