Domain Contoller - The default gatway interface has not been set up correctly.

Questions about using Windows AD service.
remshot_33
New here

Domain Contoller - The default gatway interface has not been set up correctly.

Post by remshot_33 »

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to enable the domain controller on my QNAP NAS, but there is a message telling me that "The default gatway interface has not been set up correctly." I'm not sure why I'm getting this, as for my default gateway is correct. Anything I could try?

Thanks,
Remington
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Domain Contoller - The default gatway interface has not been set up correctly.

Post by dolbyman »

Well what are the interface/ vswitch settings ?
remshot_33
New here

Re: Domain Contoller - The default gatway interface has not been set up correctly.

Post by remshot_33 »

Sorry... Here are my gateway settings:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

is the subnet mask open like that on purpose?

there is also fixed DNS servers set as 0.0.0.0...this will break web access
remshot_33
New here

Post by remshot_33 »

The subnet mask was intentional. However, for the DNS server... I complelty missed that. I'm not sure why it's set like that.
remshot_33
New here

Post by remshot_33 »

remshot_33 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:16 pm However, for the DNS server... I complelty missed that. I'm not sure why it's set like that.
The ability to pull the DNS server automatically is not avaiable for some reason, also
remshot_33
New here

Post by remshot_33 »

Last update... I set my DNS server to Google's, and everything is fine and dandy now. I have no clue why I completley overlooked that earlier. My apologies.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”