No DC Connection possible and Samba Errors

Questions about using Windows AD service.
fwincem
New here

No DC Connection possible and Samba Errors

Post by fwincem »

Hi,
today our TV-1282 was updated to 4.3.3.0154.
Now it is kicked out of our Windows Domain, no User can connect to it and i can't reintegrate into our Domain.
Seems that there is a Bug in the whole Samba Package.

After the first restart (after the update) i think it was connected to the domain but i couldn't see any Files on the NAS in the Filestation.
The i shut it down and started it again and i can see the files in the Filestation but the integration into our Domain ist not possible.

Is there any solution or update for that problem?

Thanks,
Flo
fwincem
New here

Re: No DC Connection possible and Samba Errors

Post by fwincem »

In the meantime i went back to 4.2.5 and its working.
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

If you didn't, raise a support ticket, the more people that rise support tickets with SAMBA issues in 4.3 is the only way to get it fixed. Appreciate you have now downgraded to resolve but that's not a solution and is going to hold you back with potentially open security holes going forward if you just sit on 4.2 forever.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Hmm, 4.3.3.0154, Added support for Samba 4.4.
Is this related?
omnislash
New here

Post by omnislash »

I have experienced this problem today when a user contacted me saying they couldn't access there files. Turns out not even I could access my own files. NAS was running ok just wasn't authenticating using the AD.

Restarting did not work so in the end I disconnected and re-joined the domain. That seems to have fixed it for now but I did have to renter all the permissions.

Also it is no longer possible to manually re-join the domain without disconnecting first as it was in previous firmware versions so your now forced to disconnect first and loss the permissions. :(
fwincem
New here

Post by fwincem »

After a lot of troubles after the update, i made a factory-reset (without formating the drives) and everything is working fine now.
The reintegration to the AD needed some seconds.

Qnap what have you done on your way from 4.2.5 to 4.3.3. After some years with Synology devices, i think the TV-1282 was a big mispurchase.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”