Problem after upgrade to 4.3.3. with active directory share

Questions about using Windows AD service.
talekksna
New here

Problem after upgrade to 4.3.3. with active directory share

Post by talekksna »

Before upgrade qnap was part of domain and permissions worked. But now, after upgrade, i have problem.
User can access to folder but can not copy anything to it.
Can make new folder and can copy from the share folder to local computer, rename file and copy back file to share folder.
But still can't copy some new file to share folder.
If i copy folder with some files in it, some of those files a copy some are not with warning that i don't have permission to do that.
Obviously ACL is not working. Sharing is working but access control is not.
talekksna
New here

Re: Problem after upgrade to 4.3.3. with active directory share

Post by talekksna »

Still nothing. After another update, with one interesting line in Release Notes for QTS 4.3.3.0229 Build 20170624 "Domain users can access shared folders after installing a certain Qfix and then restart the NAS." i have the same problem.
Everything worked good, until upgrade on 4.3.3.0210 Build 20170606. After that upgrade i have situation that domain user who have full control on the folder, if hi try to copy folder with some files in it (docs and excel) some files are copied some a left with message for Insufficient rights!!! After calculating Effective Access it show that user have full control over that folder.

So is there anyone who have SLIGHTEST CLUE what is going on.
kacjr
Starting out

Post by kacjr »

I'm having the same problem.
keson
New here

Post by keson »

I can confirm the same misbehaviour on TS-451+, fw 4.3.3.0299 build 20170901... Still AD groups permissions not taken into account, personal permissions (per user) work as expected.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”