Need a help: QNAP vs. ActiveDirectory

Questions about using Windows AD service.
kwadrans
First post

Need a help: QNAP vs. ActiveDirectory

Post by kwadrans »

Hi QNAP Community !
I'm struggling with one issue which I think started about month ago after last firmware upgrade. Earlier, everything was ok.
What is the issue:
My QNAP ( TS-251, 4.3.5.0713 ) is added to domain.
On the device we have one share with assigned AD users who can have access there ( via SMB and also via File Station )
About month ago I started getting information from people that they can't see one network drive ( above share ) and additionally when they are logging into QNAP via https and trying entry to File Station, they can see only: "You are not QSync user".
Additionally I have some extra shares where scheduled backup is copying via Veeam from our servers. It also stopped working.
Error from Veeam: Access is denied, Error code: 0x00000005 ( Veeam is setup to use domain account to access dedicated share )

I think that somehow QNAP is loosing trust with a domain because when I will re-add it again to the AD, everything is starting to work but only for 1-2h and again ... same issue. What is strange, user can't login to the QNAP using their DOMAIN\user account ... but as above, Filestation is not working.
I can't see any errors in the notification center. I also didn't change any kind of settings into QNAP. It has been working continuously for 2 years ...

Time is setup properly and DNS included IP address of local DNS server.

I'm loosing my hear with this. I'm kindly ask you for your help. :S :S
Please let me know if you need any additional information from my side.

Waiting for your feedback.
Thank you in advance

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”