Lastest Firmwares break AD

Questions about using Windows AD service.
bike-discount
New here

Re: Lastest Firmwares break AD

Post by bike-discount »

bike-discount wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 pm New firmware update this morning. Will keep you posted if it helped...
Yep. It did not help. TVS-863 just lost it's domain groups...
MMnasbase
Starting out

Post by MMnasbase »

hmmm. i changed all to local users and made a script for it. Extra senseless work in my eyes if QNAP would make better tests on firmware before releasing.
But still my client asks for AD function. I agree with him,. But NO soultion since more than a month. that is sad.
csira
New here

Post by csira »

MMnasbase wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:23 pm AGAIN the question: did anybody give the revert to 4.3.4 a chance. I will give that a try if the newest keeps making troubles.

Since it's been far too long without a fix to this issue, I decided to give the downgrade a go.
I'll keep you posted if it fix the issue. So far the downgrade went smoothly, but I've to say that the unit I tried it on, was used as a cold backup unit, so I wasn't too worried about losing any data.
I went back to 4.3.4.0695 on my TS-251
MMnasbase
Starting out

Post by MMnasbase »

Hero! Maybe this is the only solution left because i dont see any progress on the firmware side. Can not follow the argument, that this is something that normally won t happen, because we all have this fault. Horror if we think that we are the power users and system integrators.
What is QNAP thinking of their NAS . If i want to buy toys it would not be a QNAP NAS system for a few 1000 bugs. Instead i get bigs with the firmware into my system ;-(
csira
New here

Post by csira »

Almost 24 hours and it's working fine after the firmware downgrade. Backup ran smoothly overnight, and I can access the shared folder without any problem. Everything AD related in the interface works fine too.
I guess I'll stick to firmware 4.3.4.0695 for a long while :)
bike-discount
New here

Post by bike-discount »

Just got a update in my ticket. "The developers are working on the problem."...
SBDOcelar
First post

Post by SBDOcelar »

csira wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:38 pm Almost 24 hours and it's working fine after the firmware downgrade. Backup ran smoothly overnight, and I can access the shared folder without any problem. Everything AD related in the interface works fine too.
I guess I'll stick to firmware 4.3.4.0695 for a long while :)
thank you! :)
Firmware downgrade helped me too. It's working fine for now.
TS-453A, firmware 4.3.4.0734
fabybaruz
New here

Post by fabybaruz »

how is it possible that qnap issues a release with this bug? For a company, the use of a file server in the domain is not negligible. The support offered me downgrade without knowing how to give any idea about when they will solve the problem. It is not possible !!!!!
csira
New here

Post by csira »

fabybaruz wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 pm how is it possible that qnap issues a release with this bug? For a company, the use of a file server in the domain is not negligible. The support offered me downgrade without knowing how to give any idea about when they will solve the problem. It is not possible !!!!!
The problem here is not the bug in itself. It happens. Look at Microsoft and the almost embarassing windows 10 october update.
What I find disturbing, is that the bugged firmware is still available to download with no warning whatsoever, and that after more than a month the issue hasn't been solved.
MMnasbase
Starting out

Post by MMnasbase »

So my comment to this:
i also got back to the latest 4.3.4 on a productive System with 10TB of Data! Everything worked and the AD seems to work also.

BUT!!!! The FileSTATION scrolls and scrolls and scrolls and shows at the END nothing!!!

The files are there, they can be seen by other sotware than Filestation (e.g. Hybrid Backup).
Users are there and credetials, also SMB file connects work and Data is readable.
But Filestation on the NAS data is dead. That is not a really good deal having AD back but filestation dead!!

I tried reboot, tried another new Admin user, tried setting permissions new, no FILTER set or colored blue in the File station Windows.
i do noit know what makes the Filestation buggy or busy...

So: filestation Windows opens but under the NAS icon: nothing after a few minutes scrolling thinking circle.

Any idea somewhere out there?

This story seems to be endless. As soon as there is a working 4.3.5 out i will update and hope Fileszazion comes back to normal.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

I presume you tried clearing the browser history and trying a different browser.
Chrome works here.
bike-discount
New here

Post by bike-discount »

Update to our case:

We found a work aroud which seems to work since middle of last week.

Under DNS Servers we had two entry:
1st DNS-Server was our interal DNS-Server lets say 10.0.0.5
and 2nd DNS-Server was Google with 8.8.8.8

Now what we did is get rid of the Google entry and simply put our internal DNS-Server again as 2nd DNS-Server. Since then there have been no issues.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Hmm, so is this a DNS issue caused by your network or a Qnap firmware issue?
Does google 8.8.8.8 resolve via Putty?
csira
New here

Post by csira »

Has anyone tried the new firmware QTS 4.3.6.0776 build 20181130 ? The changelog doesn't mention the AD problem.
ITguy154
New here

Post by ITguy154 »

I am having the same issue. I plan on upgrading to firmware 4.3.6.0776 tonight. I will post results tomorrow morning.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”