TS-269Pro and TVS-473 Migration with AD setup

Questions about using Windows AD service.
praneet
Starting out

TS-269Pro and TVS-473 Migration with AD setup

Post by praneet »

Hi,

I currently have TS-269pro configured as file server (Shared folder with local users). I will continue to use this NAS as backup after migration of data
I have a new NAS TVS-473 (32GB RAM) on which I want to configure AD plus want to migrate all data from TS-269. Since users are less I can manually create all users on AD.

1. I want to know if RSYNC will work for replication and if yes what all I need to do on each of these NAS

2. Any thing I should know before hand while configuring AD on TVS-473?

3. Will setup reverse SYNC (from TVS-473 to TS269Pro) after data migration within the same LAN before taking TS269pro to remote location. Since daily replication data is small the replicating via internet is not going to be a problem. Now in this case should I setup a VPN between both and then replicate (that's my guess). If yes then what all should I do? Would appreciate some details.

4. Since some users will be migrated to Office 365 in future, do I need to consider any specific configurations now on TVS-473 to make life easier at later stage? specially considering we will use One Drive as shared folder in some way and data from the shared folder on TVS-473 will be synced to one drive.

Would appreciate some help
Cheers,
Praneet
-----------------------
TS-253B

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”