QNAP as Domain Controller (SOLVED)

Questions about using Windows AD service.
keysteal
Starting out

QNAP as Domain Controller (SOLVED)

Post by keysteal »

Hi, hope this is the right place to write this post. I configured my QNAP as Domain Controller, now I try to Join my Watchguard Firebox to QNAP DC to permit the authentication throught it. When I make a server connection test to the DC, my Firebox returns me an error on connection.
My Firebox can join in the DC in Windows SERVER, and Windows clients can join in the DC of QNAP. So the problem seems to be that Firebox doens't have the right answer when joining in the QNAP DC.
What I need to know if there is a log files into QNAP (also throught the terminal) to permit me to find what is the problem. Anyone knows that?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by keysteal on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: QNAP as Domain Controller

Post by storageman »

keysteal wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 am Hi, hope this is the right place to write this post. I configured my QNAP as Domain Controller, now I try to Join my Watchguard Firebox to QNAP DC to permit the authentication throught it. When I make a server connection test to the DC, my Firebox returns me an error on connection.
My Firebox can join in the DC in Windows SERVER, and Windows clients can join in the DC of QNAP. So the problem seems to be that Firebox doens't have the right answer when joining in the QNAP DC.
What I need to know if there is a log files into QNAP (also throught the terminal) to permit me to find what is the problem. Anyone knows that?
Thanks in advance.
The DC feature has never worked well.
You could look in the Diagnostic Logs.
keysteal
Starting out

Post by keysteal »

I’ve already looked inside Qnap throught ssh, but i didn’t find something concerned DC service.
keysteal
Starting out

Post by keysteal »

However, I found the solution on my own. Watchguard Firebox communicates with QNAP, in the Active directory, using only the secure port 636. But it is not enough.
I needed to compile the "Optional settings of the Active Directory server" (and this is not optional with QNAP), entering the IP, the netmask and the DNS (the same as the IP of Qnap which is the domain controller) .
Once this was done, the connection and user authentication between my firewall and Qnap were successful.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”