[SOLVED!]Login method changed after firmware update from DOMAIN\user to DOMAIN+user HELP!

Questions about using Windows AD service.
ApolloPT
Getting the hang of things

[SOLVED!]Login method changed after firmware update from DOMAIN\user to DOMAIN+user HELP!

Post by ApolloPT »

Hello everyone,

I have made a firmware update trying to fix one issue but not I got another, my domain users loss the capability to acess through SMB with their Windows AD login, because now this QNAP doenst accept login format DOMAIN\user, that changed to DOMAIN+user. I have test it in webgui, and can only login with DOMAIN+user. In this domain all users uses DOMAIN\user in every device who uses the AD. :shock:

Anyone knows how can I change this??!
Last edited by ApolloPT on Thu May 28, 2020 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Login method changed after firmware update from DOMAIN\user to DOMAIN+user HELP!

Post by dolbyman »

NAS and firmware ?

I use LDAP auth and it works fine on domain\username

853BU with 4.4.2.1310
ApolloPT

Re: Login method changed after firmware update from DOMAIN\user to DOMAIN+user HELP!

Post by ApolloPT »

dolbyman wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:47 am NAS and firmware ?

I use LDAP auth and it works fine on domain\username

853BU with 4.4.2.1310
I have already made a downgrade from the latest firmware to TS-X53BU_20200410-4.4.2.1270 but I will try to update to the second latest 4.4.2.1302 build 20200512, that was the one that I was using.

I tried to rejoin this QNAP, but still continues with the same login method. With this change all my SMB users will be unable to acess through their Windows AD logins.
Last edited by ApolloPT on Thu May 28, 2020 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ApolloPT

Post by ApolloPT »

I have also reboot QNAP after firmware update but still nothing
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

ok you ignored my questions then ..

Please open a ticket with QNAP on that issue
ApolloPT

Post by ApolloPT »

dolbyman wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:53 am ok you ignored my questions then ..

Please open a ticket with QNAP on that issue
I have already openned =X

Tomorow will be a big day, I have around 50 machines using shared folders from this QNAP...
ApolloPT

Post by ApolloPT »

Updating to 4.4.2.1302 build 20200512 didnt solve the issue, tried to rejoin the AD, same output, now I am restarting the QNAP.
ApolloPT

Post by ApolloPT »

I found the solution, with the latest update, one option have changed, in login style.

To fix this issue, I went in Contro Panel > Services of Network and Arquive > Win/Mac/NFS > Microsoft Network and choose "Advanced Options", and there I had "Alternative login style (DOMAIN\USERNAME)" unchecked, so I checked an apply

Behare of this change while updating from 4.4.2.1302 build 20200512 to 4.4.2.1310 build 20200519

NOTE: I had to translate from PT to ING my QNAP options that I have mentioned above.

Source: https://www.qnap.com/en-au/how-to/tutor ... rectory-ad
dolbyman
Guru

Re: [SOLVED!]Login method changed after firmware update from DOMAIN\user to DOMAIN+user HELP!

Post by dolbyman »

that was the default setting for me .. never had to touch it .. but good find
ApolloPT

Re: [SOLVED!]Login method changed after firmware update from DOMAIN\user to DOMAIN+user HELP!

Post by ApolloPT »

dolbyman wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:50 am that was the default setting for me .. never had to touch it .. but good find
Me nether, but seems that after this firmware update, it changed without warning.

At least if I was unable to succeed, I had backups of this NAS settings.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”