Failing to join the AD

Questions about using Windows AD service.
Lyor_werld
First post

Failing to join the AD

Post by Lyor_werld »

I have an issue to join my AD, and I don't know the cause of it.

I tried to do it with these instructions: https://docs.qnap.com/operating-system/ ... 04CFE.html
But I always get a failed error.
I already synchronized this QNAP server time with this (IRSGER401) DC.
I also added a picture/log with all of the input/output I’ve got: https://imgur.com/a/WptPzGI

Code: Select all

Microsoft network settings failed. Please check the DNS server, domain name, and user name and password for logging in the domain.

======== DEBUG START =======

/usr/local/samba/bin/net time set -S IRSGER401.ger.corp.intel.com

[command] echo ******** | /usr/bin/kinit "ad_lgeva1@GER.CORP.INTEL.COM"

Password for ad_lgeva1@GER.CORP.INTEL.COM: 

Specify WORKGROUP = CCDQNAP02

[command] /usr/local/samba/bin/net ads join -S IRSGER401 -U "ad_lgeva1%********" -s /etc/config/smb.conf

Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'GER.CORP.INTEL.COM' over rpc: {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

[command] /usr/local/samba/bin/net ads join -S IRSGER401.ger.corp.intel.com -U "ad_lgeva1%********" -s /etc/config/smb.conf

Failed to join domain: Invalid configuration ("workgroup" set to 'CCDQNAP02', should be 'GER') and configuration modification was not requested

[command] /usr/local/samba/bin/net ads join -U "ad_lgeva1%********" -s /etc/config/smb.conf

Failed to join domain: Invalid configuration ("workgroup" set to 'CCDQNAP02', should be 'GER') and configuration modification was not requested

[command] /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -S IRSGER401 -U "ad_lgeva1%********" -s /etc/config/smb.conf

Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'CCDQNAP02' over rpc: {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

[command] /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -S IRSGER401.ger.corp.intel.com -U "ad_lgeva1%********" -s /etc/config/smb.conf

[command] /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -U "ad_lgeva1%********" -s /etc/config/smb.conf

Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain CCDQNAP02 - {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

It wouldn't hurt to mention that I already joined several windows/Linux machines to our AD, so it's not a privileged kind of issue.
Model:TS-2483XU-RP
Current firmware version:4.4.3.1439

What is seems to be the issue?
loganhunter2009
New here

Re: Failing to join the AD

Post by loganhunter2009 »

I have the same problem on my system. Has anyone found a solution to this?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Failing to join the AD

Post by dolbyman »

Please update to the latest OS,as 4.4.3.1439 is VERY old , current for the TS-2483XU is 5.0.0.2055 build 20220531(stable).

If the issue still exists, please open a new thread stating what firmware version and device you are using.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”