Authentication problems

Questions about using Windows AD service.
wittmann
Starting out

Re: Authentication problems

Post by wittmann »

QNAPJauss wrote:Hi,

Ok.

Can you try to update to firmware 3.4.3 build 0520, and let me know if this still happen?
It include some bug fixes regarding windows networking.
We use actually Version released at start Mai
QNAPJauss wrote:Does vanessa is using "Windows Offline files" ?
I saw some case where Windows Offline files was enabled, and using a different username.
QNAPJauss wrote:Does User is connected by UNC (\\xxxx\share) or the network share is mapped to a drive letter ?
No we use Login-Scripts to connect them via Drive Letter.
Although some Users connect some shares (more likely some single Folders) via UNC.
QNAPJauss wrote:Does her user name in NAS (Vanessa) is the same in Windows (Vanessa too) ?
As we use AD and use connection via AD - yes it is the same.
QNAPJauss wrote:Does your DNS name is the same as the netbios name (the hostname of the NAS ?)
hmmm. Whats the difference?
we used "hostname" like "nas"
our domain would be "company.local"
Connection will be done via
"net use x: \\nas\sharename"
-> as user = windows user -> no user/password is required.
QNAPJauss wrote:Do you use active directory ? or simple nas local users.
active directory
QNAPJauss wrote:Thank you.
I have to ... :-)

Greetings
QNAPJauss
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJauss »

Hi,
We use actually Version released at start Mai
Which version? are you already using build 0520? or a previous one?
As we use AD and use connection via AD - yes it is the same.
Many AD issue has been fixed in the 3.4.3 build 0520.
hmmm. Whats the difference?
we used "hostname" like "nas"
our domain would be "company.local"
Connection will be done via
"net use x: \\nas\sharename"
-> as user = windows user -> no user/password is required.
Windows handle the authentication process differently if you use a DNS name different the netbios name.
If the hostname of the nas is "mynas":
the netbios name is "mynas".
the dns name can be "mydnsnamenas.domain.local" (different than mynas.domain.local".
If you connect with \\mynas\share, windows will handle the authentication process differently from connecting using \\mydnsnamenas\share.
That's why i asked if you use a DNS name, or the netbios name.

This issue should be fixed with the firmware 3.4.3 build 0520.
If you have the issue, you can try to use a dns name different that the netbios name of your name.

Please let me know which firmware you are using (please give me the version and build number to avoid confusion), and if you still have the problem when you use a different dns name.

If you still have the problem with the latest firmware 3.4.3 build 0520, the best would be a remote session for us to check when this happen.

BR,
Jauss
dnickel
First post

Post by dnickel »

Same problem as about and the rest of the posts. Left several messages for support.

Errors:
Failed to verify incoming ticket with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

also
[/var/log] # Username domain\user is invalid on this system
-sh: Username: command not found

Please advice
QNAPJauss
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJauss »

Hi,

Please update to firmware 3.4.3 Build 0520 or above.

BR,
Jauss
GerhardSchr
Starting out

Post by GerhardSchr »

same problem here.
The log say:
[2011/09/02 20:03:09.140544, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:332(reply_spnego_kerberos)
Failed to verify incoming ticket with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE!

The (Active Directory) user is connect to the share, sometimes the NAS ask the user for the username and password....
The user is the half day connect to the share and then .... :( .... the NAS ask....

I update today to 3.5.0 build 0815T (join to workgroup and then again to the AD)

I must see, if the firmware update help...

Any news to the topic?

//edit:
/etc/krb5.keytab is empty? it is correct?
tom_22
New here

Post by tom_22 »

... same problem here as well.

Just got my new Qnap TS559Pro II (as replacement for my Thecus 5200Pro) but run straight into this IP / HOSNTNAME issue.

Well, it might be a variance as I only observe this issue when shares are access from Tomcat: \\IP\share\folder does work, \\HOSTNAME\share\folder does not work.
For the latter I get an 'access denied' error in the log of Tomcat, so I assume it's basically as well around authorisation and similar/same of what this threat is all about.

I have checked time, DNS, restarted services; using version 3.5.0B0815T; ... but run out of ideas :-(

Any help highly appreciated :-)

Regards,
Tom
tom_22
New here

Post by tom_22 »

Oh - should have waited a bit with my post...

Now I found the problem. It was just related to Tomcat - means the Tomcat-Service on the main server still ran with the wrong user/account details.
What failed was updating the user/account details from the task-bar Tomcat-icon. It turned out this is somehow not store.
After updating the Service user/account details for Tomcat via Control Panel>Service it worked straight away.

Still not sure why my old NAS didn't require a different service account for beeing accessed by a remote Tomcat, but I don't mind at this point.

Tom
GerhardSchr
Starting out

Post by GerhardSchr »

ok the these was an human error :P :)
GerhardSchr
Starting out

Post by GerhardSchr »

ok I think with the newest firmware the problem is solved...
adminpool
New here

Post by adminpool »

Hi All,

had the same issues this morning too my steps to resolve were the following (hopefully help someone else)

issue: time out of sync with AD (cant remember exact error mess.. sorry)

steps I took: after all logs, time and restart server was carried out I restored config from recent backup.

Another issue developed. was asking users for credentials to access NAS (note all previous shares are set to allow connection to NAS via AD user credentials)

resolve: Access Rights Management \ Domain Sec \ AD authentication - make sure the admin credentials of the AD domain are entered, if so over type and hit apply. The NAS should then report joined back to domain.

Get users to logoff and on and they should be able to connect without prompts - if any issues double check permissions are up to date if you followed first step by restoring NAS config.

Hope this helps.
cronuscronus
First post

Post by cronuscronus »

I am having the same problem with my SBS 2008 machine. In the log I have " Failed to verify incoming ticket with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE!". If I re-join the QNAP to my domain controller through the web interface the problem goes away for a day or so. I am using firmware 3.5.0.

However, when people get in in the morning, I'm getting phone calls again. How can this be fixed?

[2012/03/14 08:22:19.109558, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:332(reply_spnego_kerberos)
Failed to verify incoming ticket with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE!
[2012/03/14 09:23:33, 0] smbd/server.c:1313(main)
smbd version 3.5.2 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2010
[2012/03/14 09:23:33.526616, 1] lib/account_pol.c:325(account_policy_get)

Essentially re-joining it restarts SMBD.
GerhardSchr
Starting out

Post by GerhardSchr »

hmm my Qnap works now...I also have 3.5.0
LemmyK
First post

Post by LemmyK »

we are running a TS-1079Pro with firmware 3.6.1 Build 0302T and this continues to be a major problem.

our only solution to fixing all of this UNC path nonsense is to reboot the server everyday, sometimes twice a day.

Please fix this issue. A device targeted for business should be able to properly work with an Active Directory infrastructure.
hc289
Starting out

Post by hc289 »

Hi LemmyK et al,

We are also having this problem on a TS-EC 1279U RP - 3.7.3 Build 20120801 - did you ever find a solution?

It starts happening and every windows service we use on our network which accesses the storage needs to be restarted to restore connectivity - ridiculous as you say, for business.

We desperately need a solution
Lokyi
New here

Post by Lokyi »

I've just put in a TS-269 and am getting the same problem.

It is just not possible to access shares via Windows Explorer across the network, which is a royal PITA as I'm trying to get Backup Exec to talk to the NAS so I can back up my server.

FTP works through AD logins, I can login to the web admin portal and everything else, I can also see AD Users and Groups fine in the setup section.

Server is running 2003 R2 SBS.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”