[HELP]Join TS-209Pro to AD

Questions about using Windows AD service.
Trey
Starting out

[HELP]Join TS-209Pro to AD

Post by Trey »

We just bought a brand new TS-209Pro to connect tou our AD.
This time, the installation ran well, I could format the disks and access to network shared (I had bad xperiences with a TS-201 before).I also installed the latest firmware (Version 1.1.4 build 1207T )
Then, I tried to move the NAS to the AD domain.
In the "microsoft networking" page, I configured everything (domain FQDN, login, password and DC name). The NAS appeared in the "computers" section of the domain controller.
But the administration interface stopped responding. I tried to restart the TS-209, and the access to the admin interface is VERY slow (> 1 minute to display any page). Now, it's almost impossible tu use and the disks seem to work all the time.

The domain controller is a Windows 2003 SP2 and works fine (machines and users are already registered in it).

Any advice ?
cegrell
Starting out

Re: [HELP]Join TS-209Pro to AD

Post by cegrell »

Same problem with my TS-109 Pro (FW 1.1.5). I have also posted a question to the support about this, but not yet any reply. The current forum replies don't help much.. It would be nice to get a spec of the domain/firmware/QNAP settings to get this working since it seems very many have the same problem. Joining a computer in the domain shouldn't be this hard really. Please advise.. I really need the disk running in my domain!

Regards
Mårten
Trey
Starting out

Post by Trey »

According to what I've read, this is a known problem of the windind version bundled in the TS-x09. A fox seems to be available, but we have towait until qnap releases it for out machines :( Right now, we just can't use the boxes as domain member (which is the only reason why we bought a 209 instead of a 201, much cheaper).

As I don't get anymore any news from the support, I mailed them yesterday, no answer yet.
TheEnvoy
Know my way around

Post by TheEnvoy »

I have a TS-409 Pro (have to put it in my Signature yet) which is a valued member of a 2003 AD without any problems. Firmware is the latest beta. So if possible test with this one, it works for me... As my 109 is not part of the AD and doesn't run on the latest FW I, unfortunately, can't tell you if it is in the latest betas for the 109/209 as well, but if it isn't, I'm sure it soon will be...

regards
TheEnvoy
Think! :idea: Search :!: Ask :?:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- B. Franklin

// TS-409 Pro - Debian Lenny
// TS-109 Pro / FW: 1.1.1 0831 (offline)
cegrell
Starting out

Post by cegrell »

Just downloaded and installed the 2.0.0 b. 0201T beta firmware for my TS-109 Pro. It joined the AD domain on the first try after that! Thanks for the tip!
TS-109 PRO Version 3.3.0 build 0924T

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”