Video Station not transcoding MKV

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
vikino
Know my way around

Re: Video Station not transcoding MKV

Post by vikino »

This is last ticket update i got from support:

Posted on: 28 March 2017 09:23 PM
Hello
I've checked with our developers and created feature request addresing AC3 support. We will see if it will be implemented by our dev's

Best Regards
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Post by somy1982 »

ichalos wrote:
ccolotti wrote:Is this fixed permanently in QTS 4.3 versions of the CodeX app?
I am using QTS 4.3.2 (Beta) and still no fix.
Can you confirm if 4.2.7D under QTS 4.3 works?
Asking because I'm considering to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 (given it is final release now).
Thanks!
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

hi all, i'm new here and i joined this forum mainly for this issue.
i've found the same problem after i've installed my new qnap and i'm frustrated by this thing.
after a lot of searching/testing anything solution, i've tried to solve the problem from myself and i've found a possible workaround.
after installing official codexpack (for my nas is 4.3.0.1 version) i've installed ffmpeg from qnapclub repository and i've symlinked ffmpeg from this package to all other path.
here are the steps to do this after installing ffmpeg (you can find the qpkg here: http://qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=379):
  1. - access the nas by ssh
  • - execute this command

Code: Select all

[~] # mv /usr/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg
    [~] # mv /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg
    [~] # mv /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg

after this i'm able to play/transcode on-the-fly all type of videos, also any mkv with dts/ac3 audio tracks.

for me now the remaining issues are two only:

1. on android qvideo app i can't move the timeline bar, every time i click on a certain point of the bar or drag and drop it the video starts again from begin

2. the same as this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=103555
my user is in the administrators group but from android qvideo app there aren't the option to transcode to other resolutions, only original file option are showed. only if i log on with admin user, the other resolutions are showed (and works well!)

i hope this can help all other affected users
bye
2five
New here

Post by 2five »

somy1982 wrote:
ichalos wrote:
Asking because I'm considering to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 (given it is final release now).
Thanks!

I can Confirm the 4.2.7D is working on QTS 4.3 Release Version.

Just switched to 4.3 and had the 4.2.3D, that is not working anymore, so i testet 4.2.7D and this is working.
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Post by somy1982 »

2five wrote:
somy1982 wrote:
ichalos wrote:
Thanks!

Just switched to 4.3 and had the 4.2.3D, that is not working anymore, so i testet 4.2.7D and this is working.
Great, thank you for confirming!
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

somy1982 wrote:
2five wrote:
somy1982 wrote:
ichalos wrote:
Thanks!

This solution did not help me.
I've QTS 4.3.3 on a TVS-463 (AMD), 4.2.7D is not compatible:
tmp_7150-328_733_577-240825115.png
Also the 3.3.0 amd package not works, i can install this version but after installing it i can't play any of my mkv/dts/ac3 files, maybe due to QTS version if i've understood correctly all previous reply
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

mosix wrote:
somy1982 wrote:
2five wrote: I can Confirm the 4.2.7D is working on QTS 4.3 Release Version.

This solution did not help me.
I've QTS 4.3.3 on a TVS-463 (AMD), 4.2.7D is not compatible:
Also the 3.3.0 amd package not works, i can install this version but after installing it i can't play any of my mkv/dts/ac3 files, maybe due to QTS version if i've understood correctly all previous reply
here a screenshot from android after installing CodexPack_3.3.0.D_x86_64_AMD_20160311.qpkg (the only version available for my TVS-463)
Screenshot_2017-04-24-09-44-13.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Post by somy1982 »

I tried 4.2.7D on my TS453mini and I can confirm it works.
2five
New here

Post by 2five »

Today i restarted my TS-253A and now it says the 4.2.7D is incompatible? o_O

Update:
After Reinstalling it can be run!
lowfi
Know my way around

Post by lowfi »

Im on FW 4.3.3 final with codexpack 4.3.0.1 and have both AC3 & DTS sound with mkv containers.

I tried with movie "arrival" French audio track was in AC3 english in DTS
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

Nobody else have my same issues? Nobody have a QNAP powered by AMD CPU, with QTS 4.3.3 and can't play mkv/ac3/dts with original Codexpack 4.3.0.1???
2five
New here

Post by 2five »

got some news:
when i use the 4.2.7D i can only transcode mkv videos. All other features like flac library streaming or the news dj2 console wont work.
After installing 4.3.0.1 i can do all other features but not transcode mkvs anymore... :-( praying to stars for a new version....
akw999
New here

Post by akw999 »

I too have QTS 4.3.3 and Codexpack 4.3.0.1 running on a TS451 and it cannot play the audio in mkv's.
By the way, how does one enable on-the-fly transcoding for non-admin accounts with QTS 4.3.3?
buiz_
Starting out

Post by buiz_ »

I used the above fix but after upgrading to 4.3.3 it seems transcoding wouldn't work without upgrading the codex pack. Which brings me back to not being able to transcode certain .MKVs... Anyone found a fix for this for 4.3.3?
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

2five wrote:got some news:
when i use the 4.2.7D i can only transcode mkv videos. All other features like flac library streaming or the news dj2 console wont work.
After installing 4.3.0.1 i can do all other features but not transcode mkvs anymore... :-( praying to stars for a new version....
akw999 wrote:I too have QTS 4.3.3 and Codexpack 4.3.0.1 running on a TS451 and it cannot play the audio in mkv's.
By the way, how does one enable on-the-fly transcoding for non-admin accounts with QTS 4.3.3?
buiz_ wrote:I used the above fix but after upgrading to 4.3.3 it seems transcoding wouldn't work without upgrading the codex pack. Which brings me back to not being able to transcode certain .MKVs... Anyone found a fix for this for 4.3.3?
you can try my workaround and tell me if also works for you.
mosix wrote:hi all, i'm new here and i joined this forum mainly for this issue.
i've found the same problem after i've installed my new qnap and i'm frustrated by this thing.
after a lot of searching/testing anything solution, i've tried to solve the problem from myself and i've found a possible workaround.
after installing official codexpack (for my nas is 4.3.0.1 version) i've installed ffmpeg from qnapclub repository and i've symlinked ffmpeg from this package to all other path.
here are the steps to do this after installing ffmpeg (you can find the qpkg here: http://qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=379):
  1. - access the nas by ssh
  • - execute this command

Code: Select all

[~] # mv /usr/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg
    [~] # mv /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg
    [~] # mv /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg

after this i'm able to play/transcode on-the-fly all type of videos, also any mkv with dts/ac3 audio tracks.

for me now the remaining issues are two only:

1. on android qvideo app i can't move the timeline bar, every time i click on a certain point of the bar or drag and drop it the video starts again from begin

2. the same as this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=103555
my user is in the administrators group but from android qvideo app there aren't the option to transcode to other resolutions, only original file option are showed. only if i log on with admin user, the other resolutions are showed (and works well!)

i hope this can help all other affected users
bye

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”