Photo Station and Face Detection

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Guapo81
Getting the hang of things

Re: Photo Station and Face Detection

Postby Guapo81 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:another thing i observed, if it flags something as a potential person but is a mistake, you can opt to select it to ignore. but what if you did that by accident? so how do you make this appear again without having to manually find the pic yourself and re-adding it? can it re-index that "ignore" pic again? or is there a checklist you can unignore from? this is one area they probably can look into for improving the facial recog app. because i find grouping pics via deep learning very convenient (once it's up and working), so i would hate it to permanently ignore images without any means of unignoring it for later automation for re-indexing possible facial recog image scans in the future.

This looks like something they more or less built in already. If you are in photostation and you click the three dots button in the top right corner, and then settings, you see a tab called people. Here you have the option to look at the "ignored people" list and there you can choose per picture to "not ignore it", but whether it then indexes it again is the question.
It looks to me right now, as if it only runs a picture through the recognition process once instead of continuous, but i'm not sure.
QNAP TVS-682-i3-32G 4*HGST HUH728060ALN600 (RAID5) - FW: QTS 4.3.4.0644
QNAP TVS-463 4*Seagate ST2000VN000 (RAID5) - FW: QTS 4.3.4.0644
QNAP TS-469 PRO 4*Seagate ST4000NM0033 (RAID5) RAM: 3GB (Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3S8S9/2G) - FW: QTS 4.3.4.0644
QNAP TS-269 PRO 2*Seagate ST2000VX002 (RAID1) - FW: QTS 4.3.4.0644

Moogle Stiltzkin
Ask me anything

Postby Moogle Stiltzkin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Guapo81 wrote:This looks like something they more or less built in already. If you are in photostation and you click the three dots button in the top right corner, and then settings, you see a tab called people. Here you have the option to look at the "ignored people" list and there you can choose per picture to "not ignore it", but whether it then indexes it again is the question.
It looks to me right now, as if it only runs a picture through the recognition process once instead of continuous, but i'm not sure.

you are right. i found it thx :mrgreen:

all i found that went indepth into it was this 13:00

From Youtube.com
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 w. 4x HGST Deskstar NAS (HDN724040ALE640) EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 Samsung 850 Evo raid1 cache acceleration read only
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A w. 5x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F3 (HD203WI) EXT4 Raid5
[Backup] QNAP TS-659 Pro
[Backup] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB Western Digital RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[Backup] QNAP TS-228
[Backup] QNAP TS-128 w. 1x 1TB Western Digital RE3 (WD1002FBYS)

Network
Asus AC68U Router|100mbps dl/50mbps ul FTTH Internet | Windows 10 Enterprise, Water Cooled PC-Intel i7 920 Ivy bridge desktop (1x 512gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD + 1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Guides and articles by me
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
[Megathread] Qnap Frequently asked questions V2, click to read here

https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

EloiM
First post

Postby EloiM » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:49 pm

spec1 wrote:Lastly, I have several users of set up on my NAS. When I log on as a different user the tags do not seem to carry over. This seems to indicate that the tags are not being saved as metadata to the file. I have to go through this very time consuming process of tagging pictures for each user! Does this seem right, am I missing something?

Hi spec1, I am also experiencing the same challenge as you are in terms of people faces tags not shared between multiple QNAP users (for the photos that are also shared between them).

Does anyone know if this specific feature is still in progress or is it performing as designed? If this is as designed it will be a deal breaker to me and sadly I will not be able to use this feature. This is because, as spec1 pointed out, tagging people is a consuming/never ending process and I currently have 4 users on my NAS that do share photos between them :cry:.

michael023
New here

Postby michael023 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10 pm

same as above, it needs to be available for multiple accounts.
and other thing I wonder, there is a lot of time in it to fill all the names, where is this db stored to create backups.
what if I move to a other QNAP (?)

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”