QNAP photo compression - jpegoptim

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Wave-is
New here

QNAP photo compression - jpegoptim

Post by Wave-is »

Good afternoon.
I'm piling up a lot of photos from my phone. All of them are synchronized to my us every night through the QuMagie program
I would like to store compressed copies of these photos on the NAS. How can I do this?
I did not find built-in methods for this task.
In theory, you need to somehow install jpegoptim on us and then configure the script so that it checks the photo folder every night and compresses new files.
Perhaps someone has already set up something like this or can tell me how to solve such a problem.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP photo compression - jpegoptim

Post by dolbyman »

with "us" you mean NAS ?

With a solid backup routine (just in case the script runs wild or rouge) .. you could install any program of your liking (for compression or resizing) in a container and VM and run that (might be easier than natively on NAS OS)
Wave-is
New here

Post by Wave-is »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:02 am with "us" you mean NAS ?
yes
dolbyman wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:02 am With a solid backup routine (just in case the script runs wild or rouge) .. you could install any program of your liking (for compression or resizing) in a container and VM and run that (might be easier than natively on NAS OS)
i am new to this. can you tell me where i can find instructions or manual on how to do this?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”