Music Station cannot display Chinese characters song title

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
fivedollar
Starting out

Music Station cannot display Chinese characters song title

Post by fivedollar »

Hi All

I'm using:
TVS-473
Current firmware version: 5.0.0.1932

I have a problem with my Music Station displaying Chinese characters for the song title. Please see the attachment - MusicStation.png.

I set the "Codepage" for the Filename encoding as "Chinese-Traditional." in Control Panel->General Settings->Codepage. (refer to the attachment - ControlPanel.png)

I can read the Chinese characters in "FileStation 5". (refer to the attachment-FileStation.png)

Please help how to fix this problem?

Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Poppy
Getting the hang of things

Re: Music Station cannot display Chinese characters song title

Post by Poppy »

Did you set the Control Panel --> General Settings --> Codepage to chinese after finding the problem?
If so, the names were likely written to the database in whatever codepage had been previously set and therefore they display incorrectly because the codepage is recorded on a per-song basis.

In Music Station, select a track that is viewed incorrectly and go to the Information page. At the bottom, change the codepage from default to the correct language and see if that fixes it.
forrest008
New here

Post by forrest008 »

Poppy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:47 am Did you set the Control Panel --> General Settings --> Codepage to chinese after finding the problem?
If so, the names were likely written to the database in whatever codepage had been previously set and therefore they display incorrectly because the codepage is recorded on a per-song basis.

In Music Station, select a track that is viewed incorrectly and go to the Information page. At the bottom, change the codepage from default to the correct language and see if that fixes it.
I have the exact same problem and not only at the web inside the desktop of my window computer , but also on the android apps .

I have posted another post but seems it disappeared . I do as per your method but cannot fix "all" the files but one file . How can i do all the folders ?

I hope I can fix it too .

I also hope someone can tell me how to connect the NAS TS431P which doesn't have a 3.5mm output but USB to my speakers which has a mini usb input plug . Thank you .
Poppy
Getting the hang of things

Post by Poppy »

If changing the codepage within Music Station fixes the problem then I can only find two ways of doing lots of files/folders.
1) edit each file one at a time (selecting multiple files at once does not allow codepage to be changed)
2) download the files from the QNAP; delete them from the QNAP; set the Control Panel codepage correctly for the files; upload the files to the QNAP again so they will be rewritten to the database.

Note that option 2 will remove any custom edits, ratings etc from those tracks but is much less time consuming for many files.
Option 1 will just fix the specific problem and keep everything else as is but takes a long time.

In theory it should be possible to edit the database created by multimedia console directly which would be very quick and easy if only you knew how to do it without breaking anything (which I don't!)
alexCcc18
First post

Post by alexCcc18 »

I have the same problem. Filename can be displayed properly but all mp3 property info in Chinese cannot be displayed correctly.

If this is due to the database, instead of re-upload the files, can "re-indexing" help?

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”