Qumagie Multiple Issues

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
kjohnson2289
First post

Qumagie Multiple Issues

Post by kjohnson2289 »

Prior to using Qumagie, I used the Auto Upload feature of QFile to backup both mine and my wife's iPhone Photo Library. We each had about 7,000 and 5,000 photos respectively and the uploads took around 24 hours or so (based on the fact that background uploading doesn't work well). After that was complete I decided to start using Qumagie. I selected a overarching "Photos" folder as one of my source folders vice using the automatically created Multimedia folder to store my photos in. After starting to us Qumagie I decided I'd rather use the Qumagie iOS Auto Upload feature instead of QFile's to keep it all in one place. When I setup the Qumagie iOS Auto Upload, it started to upload all of the files over again, despite having "Scan and Upload" selected. So I stopped the process, deleted all of the old files that had been uploaded with QFile and then started the process over again. Which leads me to my problems:

1. Within Qmagie, I can still see all of the old photos I deleted despite them being deleted from the source folder.
2. I cannot use the "Delete" button to delete any photos. It gives me "Unable to Delete".
3. I cannot deselect the source folder. It tells me "Failed"
4. My Qumagie Auto Upload is painfully slow despite getting 4 to 12 mbps upload speeds. Numerous photos are failing altogether. It's nothing like the Auto Upload with QFile was.
Theliel
Know my way around

Re: Qumagie Multiple Issues

Post by Theliel »

kjohnson2289 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:46 am Prior to using Qumagie, I used the Auto Upload feature of QFile to backup both mine and my wife's iPhone Photo Library. We each had about 7,000 and 5,000 photos respectively and the uploads took around 24 hours or so (based on the fact that background uploading doesn't work well). After that was complete I decided to start using Qumagie. I selected a overarching "Photos" folder as one of my source folders vice using the automatically created Multimedia folder to store my photos in. After starting to us Qumagie I decided I'd rather use the Qumagie iOS Auto Upload feature instead of QFile's to keep it all in one place. When I setup the Qumagie iOS Auto Upload, it started to upload all of the files over again, despite having "Scan and Upload" selected. So I stopped the process, deleted all of the old files that had been uploaded with QFile and then started the process over again. Which leads me to my problems:

1. Within Qmagie, I can still see all of the old photos I deleted despite them being deleted from the source folder.
2. I cannot use the "Delete" button to delete any photos. It gives me "Unable to Delete".
3. I cannot deselect the source folder. It tells me "Failed"
4. My Qumagie Auto Upload is painfully slow despite getting 4 to 12 mbps upload speeds. Numerous photos are failing altogether. It's nothing like the Auto Upload with QFile was.
Im using QuMagie backup since a lot of time without any problem, However, depending on some factors, "problems" may occur.

-It was the first time you had launched the automatic copy from QuMagie, so everything was new for QuMagie. QuMagie maintains its own database of transferred files.
-If there is a power outage, it is common that the NAS may lose the locations in the Multimedia Console, which in turn causes errors in QuMagie
1º/2º. If you abort the process, it is more than possible that the DB that stores all the indexed photos/videos/music will not be cleaned correctly, especially if you delete the recent uploads quickly, causing QuMagie to still show them to you. You cannot delete them because you have already physically deleted the photos, but the entries still persist in the DB. This is "usual" if you are not careful and delete files in the middle of content indexing. Fixing this can be more complicated, either by accessing the DB and manually deleting the entries, or by reindexing all the content.
3º. It is possible that you cannot deselect the source because you have deleted it too. In this case I would recommend you to recreate the folder, deselect it, and delete it.
4º. I've never had speed issues with auto upload, but from what you say I suspect it's one of many inherent problems with iOS, and how they do things. I have never had any problems with Android, on various devices. You can try with some Android Devices.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”