QMagie Responsiveness

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
JCNAP
Starting out

QMagie Responsiveness

Post by JCNAP »

Hi,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

Perhaps my expectations are too high.
But I would love QuMagie on iphone and QuMagie on the web app, to be as responsive as Apple Photos on iPhone and Apple Photos on OSX, or at least Google Photos.

- I would like images to appear immediatly when i scroll through them.
- I would like updates/uploads/downloads/syncing to occur in the background as efficiently as they do when uploading to apple servers.

I have a TS 251D + TPU + SSD Cache.
The bandwdith and transfer speed I use on my home broadband as far inferior than than the bandwidth and speed I have on my LAN/Wifi.ac network.

Yet Apple's apps are responsive. So are the ones from Microsoft, and Google.

I was considering investing in a TVS-472XT and maxing out most things: adding mid to high range SDD caches, TPU chip, Wifi6 router and a MacBook Pro with Wifi Ax [wifi 6], Assuring no bottlenecks in the way of a 10Gigbit LAN..... but a quick reflection makes me think absurdity of it all.

Would anyone have any suggestions to achieve the responsiveness mentioned above.... I think my expectations are too high... and QMagie, the replacement for Google Photos, as advertised a year ago... is underwhelming.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”