QuMagie navigation partially unresponsive in MS Edge

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Rapid_Randolph
New here

QuMagie navigation partially unresponsive in MS Edge

Post by Rapid_Randolph »

I've started trialing QuMagie again after giving it a long break. I primarily use the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge browser. When navigating in QuMagie on PC (connecting through myqnapcloud or directly on my home network) I can select and play pics and video's in the "All Photo's" view as well as scroll through my timeline, select functional buttons (such as settings, search, search for people, upload etc) but when I click on any menu items in the left pane (Album, Folders, Mobile App etc) nothing happens. MS Edge simply doesn't respond.

I don't have this issue in Firefox, but I don't want to have to switch browsers just to make QuMagie work. I do have quite a few add-ons installed in MS Edge, but I'm hoping someone else here would have experienced this before and can advise about a quick fix, rather than having to start removing and adding add-ons or whatever else to start troubleshooting.

Any idea's?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QuMagie navigation partially unresponsive in MS Edge

Post by dolbyman »

Hope the cloud access is only via relay(cloudlink) ..or you might find yourself back in the malware thread sooner or later..Never expose any part of your NAS to WAN!

Open a ticket with QNAP to report bugs
Rapid_Randolph
New here

Post by Rapid_Randolph »

Thanks for the advice! I login via the DDNS feature (myqnapcloud with SSL certificate). That's secure, right?
Guess I'll need to open a ticket. QuMagie becoming partially unresponsive on MS Edge certainly seems like a bug to me.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Nope..that is very much insecure..SSL does nothing to protect the NAS ...see all the malware posts about what the dangers are

e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=164797

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”