version of Cayin Mediasign for TS-228A

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
drlaz
New here

version of Cayin Mediasign for TS-228A

Post by drlaz »

No version is available in the App Center, probably because of the RAM requirement. :evil:

Where can I access a qpkg of the older versions (that I used to have) that did run on this NAS?
OneCD
Guru

Re: version of Cayin Mediasign for TS-228A

Post by OneCD »

These are available from the QTS App Center website. You may need to select an older version of QTS to show older package versions.

Here's a version compatible with QTS 4.5.1: https://www.qnap.com/en-au/app_center/? ... 1&kw=cayin

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
drlaz
New here

Post by drlaz »

Thank you. I downloaded and installed that version. It seems to have picked up my old license as there were no requests when I opened it, but m4a audio still won't play in MusicStation. Any idea how to get it to pick up the Cayin conversion? (Other audio formats do play, so it isn't a general failure.)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Sorry, I’ve never used this application and have no-idea how-it-works or what-it-does. :(

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

It replaced open source licenses with 'paid for licenses', the QNAP codex pack was removed pretty much at the same time as Cayin Media Player was introduced. I have a feeling because the terms and conditions of the codecs used were "not for profit' (and QNAP sells products for profit)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Thanks @dm. :)

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”