Qumagie image viewer background

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
mustard
Getting the hang of things

Qumagie image viewer background

Post by mustard »

Anyone else horrified by the latest update? I'm not exaggerating when I say the web view is unusable for me now. The blurred background framing images in the image viewer confuses me visually and makes it impossible for me to take in the image properly. It's awful. I managed to find a workaround using web developer browser plug-in tools to block the background, but this has to be done manually each time I enter the viewer and disabled again when I exit it. Why they can't just enable a toggle to let people choose their preferred interface - assuming some people actually like this - I have no idea.
gottabjoaken
New here

Re: Qumagie image viewer background

Post by gottabjoaken »

Just noticed this myself.
Don't like it.
Hard edge to the picture is definitely preferred.
lousyfool

Post by lousyfool »

You'll want to contact QNAP directly about this.
gottabjoaken
New here

Post by gottabjoaken »

I have raised a ticket on this as follows.

New Blurred background to photograph display outside image border. Enhancement Request

The blurred extension of the photo image to auto-fill the display area in my opinion is sometimes confusing, sometimes really distracting and sometimes just awful.
Please consider providing an option tor alternatives so the user can chose their preferred appearance.
Suggested alternatives: white; grey; black; blur bright; blur faint.

If this issue affects you too, please raise a ticket to assist consideration.
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

mustard wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:14 am Anyone else horrified by the latest update? I'm not exaggerating when I say the web view is unusable for me now. The blurred background framing images in the image viewer confuses me visually and makes it impossible for me to take in the image properly. It's awful. I managed to find a workaround using web developer browser plug-in tools to block the background, but this has to be done manually each time I enter the viewer and disabled again when I exit it. Why they can't just enable a toggle to let people choose their preferred interface - assuming some people actually like this - I have no idea.
Yes I agree. While the latest version fixes some major issues, it adds some new ones. The background image without being a "problem", is quite annoying. Although there is no toggle to enable/disable it, it can be done easily with a little code modification. This little override does the magic, removing the background image, making it black. Tested ONLY in my x86 NAS

Code: Select all

cp /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.e4c785809c5bb71be3e6.js /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.e4c785809c5bb71be3e6.js_old
sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(L,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.e4c785809c5bb71be3e6.js
IMPORTANT: The name of the file can be different, as well as the path where it is located. In my case the applications are in "CACHEDEV1_DATA.
IMPORTANT2: The string to replace could be different depending on the version of QuMagie installed, even on different systems. I recommend making a copy of the original file first.

Obviously, If the application is reinstalled or updated, it will be necessary to modify the file again, perhaps with the same pattern, or it will be necessary to use different string
mustard

Post by mustard »

Theliel wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 am
mustard wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:14 am Anyone else horrified by the latest update? I'm not exaggerating when I say the web view is unusable for me now. The blurred background framing images in the image viewer confuses me visually and makes it impossible for me to take in the image properly. It's awful. I managed to find a workaround using web developer browser plug-in tools to block the background, but this has to be done manually each time I enter the viewer and disabled again when I exit it. Why they can't just enable a toggle to let people choose their preferred interface - assuming some people actually like this - I have no idea.
Yes I agree. While the latest version fixes some major issues, it adds some new ones. The background image without being a "problem", is quite annoying. Although there is no toggle to enable/disable it, it can be done easily with a little code modification. This little override does the magic, removing the background image, making it black. Tested ONLY in my x86 NAS

cp /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.e4c785809c5bb71be3e6.js /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.e4c785809c5bb71be3e6.js_old
sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(L,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.e4c785809c5bb71be3e6.js
IMPORTANT: The name of the file can be different, as well as the path where it is located. In my case the applications are in "CACHEDEV1_DATA.
IMPORTANT2: The string to replace could be different depending on the version of QuMagie installed, even on different systems. I recommend making a copy of the original file first.

Obviously, If the application is reinstalled or updated, it will be necessary to modify the file again, perhaps with the same pattern, or it will be necessary to use different string
Thank you so much for that! I've been using browser dev tool plug-in to kill the background, but it's fiddly and nowhere near ideal. Relevant directory on my NAS was /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web.
mustard

Post by mustard »

Fix still working as of the latest version of Qumagie. Still a life saver.
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

And this one its for Videos:

For videos it's a bit different, ideally we would use concent-visibility to avoid canvas rendering, but support in browsers is still poor, so the old good display

sed -i 's|filter: blur(10px)|display: none|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/web/app.d700681e7c43268816ab.js
mustard

Post by mustard »

Above fix no longer seems to work in V2. However, with the uBlock browser plug-in, using this custom rule to block an element seems to do the trick (replace with your own NAS IP obviously):

192.168.0.100##.imhRXX.sc-fXoxaI > div
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

mustard wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:34 am Above fix no longer seems to work in V2. However, with the uBlock browser plug-in, using this custom rule to block an element seems to do the trick (replace with your own NAS IP obviously):

its almost the same, with a minor change:

for v2:

sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(z,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.0.0/web/app.feb0fddc07e9661125b2.js (for image)

sed -i 's|filter: blur(10px)|display: none|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.0.0/web/app.feb0fddc07e9661125b2.js (for video)
path and js file can be little different.
mustard

Post by mustard »

Theliel wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:01 am
mustard wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:34 am Above fix no longer seems to work in V2. However, with the uBlock browser plug-in, using this custom rule to block an element seems to do the trick (replace with your own NAS IP obviously):

its almost the same, with a minor change:

for v2:

sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(z,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.0.0/web/app.feb0fddc07e9661125b2.js (for image)

sed -i 's|filter: blur(10px)|display: none|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.0.0/web/app.feb0fddc07e9661125b2.js (for video)
path and js file can be little different.
Fantastic. Thank you. I did try and pull apart the syntax but it was a little beyond me.
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

for 2.1.0:

sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(N,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.1.0/web/app.09dd8081565b0fc1e288.js  (image, video its the same)
mustard

Post by mustard »

Theliel wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:07 pm for 2.1.0:

sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(N,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.1.0/web/app.09dd8081565b0fc1e288.js  (image, video its the same)
Thank you. Also worth noting that the browser plug-in Web Developer has an option to hide background images that currently works like a charm.
marekg
New here

Post by marekg »

mustard wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:46 am
Theliel wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:07 pm for 2.1.0:

Thank you. Also worth noting that the browser plug-in Web Developer has an option to hide background images that currently works like a charm.
For 2.2.0 it doesn't work (at leas on my NAS). Has anybody an idea how to fix it in 2.2.0 version?
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

QuMagie 2.2.0:

sed -i 's|"url('\''".concat(q,"'\'')")|"none"|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.2.0/web/app.4f017bed3d38e931842c.js

sed -i 's|filter: blur(10px)|display: none|' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/qumagie/v2.2.0/web/app.4f017bed3d38e931842c.js

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”