Hybriddesk Station: how to play over HDMI at different fps's?

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Claudio Monelli
First post

Hybriddesk Station: how to play over HDMI at different fps's?

Post by Claudio Monelli »

On my TS-251d I've a lot of home videos I recorded through many years and many cam/video recorders, in many different situations.

Well, they are partly at 25 fps, partly at 29.97 fps.

I got my Qnap TS-251d to be able to watch them over TV set without LAN/smart TV problems and I use HD Station 4.2.7 and, within it, HD player 18.4.2.

Well, when HDstation is set to 25 fps, the videos at 29.97 are not fluid and viceversa (not synced) and I have to set the frame rate every time I choose a different video.

I set HD player setting/system/display/whitelist to contain all the fps options, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Is there any way to have an automatic switch between the fps, simply by detection of the fps of the played video?

Thank so much!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Hybriddesk Station: how to play over HDMI at different fps's?

Post by dolbyman »

The best way is to forget about the QNAP as a player..and use it as a NAS

Then use a player that supports resolution and framerate switching (roku/shield/firestick/etc)
GTunney
Been there, done that

Re: Hybriddesk Station: how to play over HDMI at different fps's?

Post by GTunney »

Do you not set HD Station to the max your Tv support so more than likely 60FPS and then let HD Player change the refresh rate when playing?

I do this with HD Station and Kodi, HD Station is set to 60Hz, Kodi is set to change refresh rate according to the content and often changes to 24Hz.

Also some TVs will not natively support playing at 25, 29Hz so instead will double it up so 25 will play at 50 and 29 will plat at 60.
Model: TS-653B 8GB
Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital WD40EFRX - RAID 5
Total Storage: 7.2TB
Applications: Plex MS | Watcher3 | QSabnzbd+ | QSickrage | Home Assistant | Kodi v18.4 MySQL
Other Devices: Netgear D7000 AC1900 VDSL Router | FTTC - 80/20 | Netgear GS108 Gigabit Switch

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”