no transcoding for non-admin users?

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
kedeb
First post

Re: no transcoding for non-admin users?

Post by kedeb »

Hi.

Good suggestion, for me it is enough that it is possible to create a single user account without administrator rights but with the right to do the transaction. I can understand Qnaps view that it is not a good adea to have multiple users with the possibility to make transactions, but it is possible to create several accounts with administrator rights today so that argument does not hold. It could even be a better solution that the administrator not could make the transaction and only administer the NAS. A proposal that satisfied both Qnap and owner's of NAS could be that it is only possible to create a single user account with the right to do the transaction.
alex.zamfir
New here

Post by alex.zamfir »

+1
choffo
New here

Post by choffo »

+1
isriam
New here

Post by isriam »

wow this is terrible, no way to manage users or groups to allow transcoding? makes this very hard to share videos and movies. this should be a feature you can add to users.
SteveWolf
First post

Post by SteveWolf »

Hi All,

I'm just looking into this for the first time and found the same problem, I take it there has been no adjustments from Qnap on this function/access as yet?

Steve
laxtlo
New here

Post by laxtlo »

Is this transcoding problem fixed for non-admin users ? It doesn´t work on my qnap ts-251 :(
freylin
New here

Post by freylin »

Apparently, no progress at all.
pavlosweb
Starting out

Post by pavlosweb »

renatodelgaudio wrote:Same here.
It would be great if non admin users could transcode too.

Even better, if QNAP will implement it allowing the transcoding feature only to those users belonging to a specific built in group (e.g. Transcoding).

Looking forward to see this possibility in the future firmware versions.

Cheers
Renato
+1
I would really appreciate it. Since you target your NAS for home multimedia, it is quite welcomed to allow such feature.
TS-451+ Beta FW 4.3.2.0017
laxtlo
New here

Post by laxtlo »

Last ** qnap i will ever buy ! Now they removed kodi from the qnap app store cause of license issues.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

laxtlo wrote:Last ** qnap i will ever buy ! Now they removed kodi from the qnap app store cause of license issues.
Not sure what this has to do with the subject ... Kodi is available form community builds.
laxtlo
New here

Re: RE: Re: no transcoding for non-admin users?

Post by laxtlo »

schumaku wrote:
laxtlo wrote:Last ** qnap i will ever buy ! Now they removed kodi from the qnap app store cause of license issues.
Not sure what this has to do with the subject ... Kodi is available form community builds.
Qnap promote they're devices with kodi thats why i am angry [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
abollmeyer
First post

Post by abollmeyer »

For anyone else, here is how you solve the problem- http://hometechhowto.com/2017/08/16/how ... -accounts/
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

adless quick solution without any external website:

New video station app has now a privilege tab in the settings. There you can assign users that are allowed to transcode.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”