Qmultimedia questions/problems

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
dpfels
Starting out

Qmultimedia questions/problems

Post by dpfels »

Hi,
I have downloaded a ton of material including both photos and music to my Qmultimedia folder.

I have scanned some of the posts on this forum, but I wanted to ask some basic questions before describing my problem.

1. Am I correct in understanding that all access to the Qmultimedia folder is to the top level? Is there no way to offer different access to different users?

2. I have placed my music in one subdirectory where it is serving iTunes and slimserver. My photos are in a different subdirectory. Is there any way to hide the music, which should only be available to the UpnP and Slimserver daemons?

and now the problem:

After loading my photos, there are a number of errors that I am encountering:
First, I get the following message in the left-hand side of the screen:

dirTree = gFld(" Qmultimedia", "photo_mgt.cgi?folder=/Qmultimedia") Two many directories, out of memory!

Second, there are a number of odd files that have appeared in the directory. One in particular is called ":2eDS_Store". There is also some sort of network directory and a temp directory that are empty.

What's this about?

Thanks,
Dan
dpfels
Starting out

Post by dpfels »

Bump.

I am still struggling with these problems.

Is it just the case that Qmultimedia has a limit on the number of files/directories it can handle? If that is the case, I can move my music elsewhere, since I don't need to use the UpnP/Twonkey server to handle the music (I can place it elsewhere and use Slimserver).

Thanks,
Dan

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”