PhotoStation 5 - no folder view and albums empty after firmware upgrade

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
bigcookie
Getting the hang of things

Re: PhotoStation 5 - no folder view and albums empty after firmware upgrade

Post by bigcookie »

I can confirm, that the solution by johnson407 worked fine. Folders are now accessible - as I re-initiated the media-library I cannot confirm if or if not the albums would be accessible by now. I simply need to re-create them.
Additionally I had a ticket opened with QNAP helpdesk. So far this time good support by the support engineer - and the ticket was forwarded to the engineering department, but no answer yet.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

johnson407 wrote:it's fixed at the beginning of October, I'd release it in a heart beat. but it's at the grace of selected few in HQ, my guess is it'll be another month.
Trouble is that the Media Library part is still not a QPKG, and can't be updated on the fly - much more it's an integrated part of the firmware...
bigcookie wrote:Additionally I had a ticket opened with QNAP helpdesk. So far this time good support by the support engineer - and the ticket was forwarded to the engineering department, but no answer yet.
You won't hear much different - as we got a first hand information before - psst!
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

Good to know, but do you really think media library need to be updated? The other "stations" are working fine... Abd to my knowledge they are also using the library.
And this function worked before... So i guess a photo station update is hopefully sufficient
csedminnap
New here

Post by csedminnap »

Just upgraded yesterday, no folder view available. I have all my pictures in well sorted location outside standard folder "multimedia", maybe this is the problem. Any ideas how to fix?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

csedminnap wrote:Just upgraded yesterday, no folder view available. I have all my pictures in well sorted location outside standard folder "multimedia", maybe this is the problem. Any ideas how to fix?
Is this starting from your own shared folders in the top directory (like /photoshare/ or in a sub-folder like /photoshare/photos/ ? AFAIK there is an issue with photo libraries starting from the root.
csedminnap
New here

Post by csedminnap »

I have investigated yesterday, it seams that only TOP directories are working in folder view, not if you select the folder below the top one. Anyhow strange, and it makes the multimedia library selection more or less obsolete.
MikinAus
Starting out

Post by MikinAus »

TS-669 Pro here.

Have been using PhotoStation prior to 4.2.0 for a year or so now - love it and all my photos were indexed.

Today I updated firmware to 4.2.0 and Photostation 5 has NO photos.

On clicking through as advised by the app to "Control Panel / Multimedia Management / Media folder" there are no entries in the media folder table.

Adding one appears to work until you press "apply" then the list goes blank again.

:(
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

csedminnap wrote:I have investigated yesterday, it seams that only TOP directories are working in folder view, not if you select the folder below the top one. Anyhow strange, and it makes the multimedia library selection more or less obsolete.
Works for me ....

Configured dedicated media specific starting folders
Media Folder Configuration.PNG
Data in many subfolders as created by the camera data application
Media Folder Configuration - 5000 Photos.PNG
Everything in Photo Station
Media Folder Configuration - 5000 Photos - Photo Station.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

MikinAus wrote:On clicking through as advised by the app to "Control Panel / Multimedia Management / Media folder" there are no entries in the media folder table.
Adding one appears to work until you press "apply" then the list goes blank again.
this is a case for QNAP Customer Service - this happened on some earlier installations, and is not specific to QTS 4.2.0.
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

@schumaku:
well you described with screenshots works, but if you go to "Manage" tab and select folder view - it will stay blank. Additionally the previously created albums are empty. You need to enter the top level directory (/Multimedia) to the library - at least in my case - to make the folder view and albums work with photos only in sub folders.
Please check if you can get to folder view, and if you can access albums in photo station or QPhoto...

regards,

André

P.S: What app do you use to automatically upload the camera photos?
austen
First post

Post by austen »

Posting to confirm I'm having similar issues with Photo Station and the Multimedia Manager. As an example (these are not my actual folder names), if I enable both
/Multimedia
/Multimedia/Photos
in Multimedia Manager and in Photo Station, I can see all my photos in Photo Station (oddly, many are doubled). However, if I disable
/Multimedia
but enable
/Multimedia/Photos
Photo Station cannot see ANY photos at all. As has been detailed by other users, my guess is the Multimedia Manager subfolder indexing is broken. No /Multimedia subfolder can be indexed without the root level folder, /Multimedia, also being enabled. Perhaps that's related to the doubling.

I have deleted and rebuilt the index and rebooted the NAS with no fix.

My family would love to use photo station, but it's too broken.

Update 2015-11-29:
I've added other subfolders similar to this example
/Multimedia/Photos/family2008
The effect is that the photos from family2008 are tripled in the database. That's once for each entry in the Multimedia Manager, i.e. /Multimedia, /Multimedia/Photos, and /Multimedia/Photos/family2008.

Someone at QNAP, please fix this.
jmgries
Starting out

Post by jmgries »

Same problem. No folder visible. using firmware 4.2.0/20151123.
Additionally, Some videos appear in PhotoStation even if the folders are not selected for Photos under Multimedia Management.
Jean-Michel Gries
QNAP TVS-673 w/ 5 * HGST 4TB (RAID5) - FW: most recent stable QTS
QNAP TS-459 Pro+ w/ 4 * HGST 4TB (RAID5) - FW: QTS 4.2.6
QNAP TS-409 Pro+ w/ 4 * WD 1TB (RAID 5) - FW: 3.3.2
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

bigcookie wrote:P.S: What app do you use to automatically upload the camera photos?
It's not direct upload, I'll run on multiple copies, initial download camera -> PC is done by the Canon EOS Utility.
PaulAK786
New here

Post by PaulAK786 »

Photo Station 5 from Qnap really **! I just switched from Synology and we have almost 1Tb of photos shared with friends, family and suppliers. Here, I really don't know how to address it as photo station doesn't share albums per user and doesn't index well at all! A real disappointment..
PaulAK786
New here

Post by PaulAK786 »

I opened a ticket with Qnap yesterday. Let's see. That's acshame for the price of the NAS. Wish i stayed on Synology...

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”