PhotoStation 5 - no folder view and albums empty after firmware upgrade

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
bigcookie
Getting the hang of things

PhotoStation 5 - no folder view and albums empty after firmware upgrade

Post by bigcookie »

Hi,

I updated to 4.2 and now the PhotoStation is partly broken. Probably it was broken before, I cannot tell 100%:
Issue:
- all previously created albums are empty. they are shown with 0 photos in them
- folder view is empty and therefore not accessible. I cannot create the albums newly.
- all photos are indexed and shown in photo station summary (22.000+)
- SharedPhotos are accessible (the "missing" albums), but not all (I didnt create albums from all photos)

- music station works fine including folder view
- video station works fine including folder view

I uninstalled and reinstalled PhotoStation - no change
I update to the latest 4.2 build (20151023) - no change.

I dont want to try a complete new indexing as we are talking about 22.000+ photos and this takes a long time. So before reindexing, I would like to understand if other users have similar issues, or if someone has an idea to fix this.

thanks, regards,

André
pizzojad
New here

Re: PhotoStation 5 - no folder view and albums empty after firmware upgrade

Post by pizzojad »

yep,
The same, updated today and mess in multimedia.
At one point photo/video/music stations opened as empty white windows - no menus, buttons etc, I could only open them and close. Finally NAS restart helped but not at all.
I wasn't able to manage multimedia folders in "multimedia management" - empty list shown and no possiblity to add any folder. In this case deactivation and activation of multimedia library helped but I am curious for how long :/
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

The slow response (white windows) i encountered as well. After waiting (felt like a minute) information in photo station appeared. Same for music station. Video station seemed fine though. Started now anyway reindexing. Will post the results here, but te process will take a few days...
junglecat
First post

Post by junglecat »

Same here.

I'm done with Photostation. It never worked fine in the first place and no iPad app since EVER. I'll wait until the beta for the new Synology OS is over and then switch back. Qnap has too many features, but the important ones do simply NOT work.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

junglecat wrote:Same here.

I'm done with Photostation. It never worked fine in the first place and no iPad app since EVER. I'll wait until the beta for the new Synology OS is over and then switch back. Qnap has too many features, but the important ones do simply NOT work.
PhotoStation 5 works here exactly as documented. I no experience with Apple products since the original Apple ][.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
beardedbbq
First post

Post by beardedbbq »

junglecat wrote:Same here.

Having the same issues as you. Simply does not function as stated. The fact that so many people are having issues doesn't bode well.
Borg
New here

Post by Borg »

Same for me, zero photo in the album. Multimedia in not showing in PhotoStation the scanned subfolder I.E. I've indexed Public/images but this is not show in smart album; just only the other share Qphoto (root share) is shown but if I selet this folder for smart album, zero photo are present in the album. Also shared images are empty (multimedia station is showing correctly +43.000 indexed photos). It seems as Photostation is not browsing multimedia DB. :cry: :evil: Rebuilding Multimedia DB doesn't work: still no photo. Reinstalling PhotoStation: same result.

Any idea ?

Alessandro
bfmike
New here

Post by bfmike »

Good to know... going to wait before upgrading. Thanks for posting.
johnson407
Easy as a breeze

Post by johnson407 »

Borg wrote:Same for me, zero photo in the album. Multimedia in not showing in PhotoStation the scanned subfolder I.E. I've indexed Public/images but this is not show in smart album; just only the other share Qphoto (root share) is shown but if I selet this folder for smart album, zero photo are present in the album. Also shared images are empty (multimedia station is showing correctly +43.000 indexed photos). It seems as Photostation is not browsing multimedia DB. :cry: :evil: Rebuilding Multimedia DB doesn't work: still no photo. Reinstalling PhotoStation: same result.

Any idea ?

Alessandro
Try deactivating and activating media library. And it will run another scan and photos should start showing up slowly. That's the experience for me.
Borg
New here

Post by Borg »

Found (partial) solution: remove all link in Media Library, using file station go to the folder you want to index, in property select the right type you want to scan (video, music or photo), apply. In media library rebuilt the DB. This partially solved the issue because only first 500 entries have been indexed in public/images (the 500 that are shown in the first page in File Station), next entries are NOT indexed even if in media library Public/Images folder is correctly selected.
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

Hi, just to clarify. The db is setup correctly and contains all photos.
The inly thing i cannot get to work is the folder view in photostation. I need it to create albums.
Photostation shows photos in the gallery view, but no folders in folder view...
I reindexed completely the media library. Music and video station are working including folder view... It worked prior.

Regards,

Andre
johnson407
Easy as a breeze

Post by johnson407 »

it's a known issue with the latest photo station, the workaround is to add the top level folder in your media library

For example, my setup originally is Multimedia/photos, multimedia/music, multimedia/movies that corresponds to three entries in media library folders.

if I add Multimedia/ as the fourth, the folder will show up in folder view. and it doesn't matter what I set it to scan because I don't have anything directly under Multimedia
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

Thanks, will try that...
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

johnson407 wrote:it's a known issue with the latest photo station, the workaround is to add the top level folder in your media library
When can we expect this to be addressed and fixed? :ashamed:
johnson407
Easy as a breeze

Post by johnson407 »

it's fixed at the beginning of October, I'd release it in a heart beat. but it's at the grace of selected few in HQ, my guess is it'll be another month.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”