HDMI issues on TS-253 Pro

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
gagaktom
First post

HDMI issues on TS-253 Pro

Post by gagaktom »

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing some curious behavior from my TS-253 Pro when using HD station. I have connected the Nas to my Samsung HU7500 Tv and it works fine. But after a while, it appears that my TV don't detect the HDMI signal anymore. I have to reboot HD station in order to get the signal back. I also tried to connect the Nas to my Denon AV Amp and i still have the same problem. After some hours,it seems to lost the HDMI signal.

I checked the HD station option menu, and i don't the something like an " HDMI auto wake up" option...

This is my first Nas, and perhaps i'm missing something ?

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my bad english)

Tom
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Re: HDMI issues on TS-253 Pro

Post by Beemer2 »

Is there any scaling being done by either the tv or denon? Try changing resolution to eliminate or reduce scaling.

Of course I assume you havd tried a different and perhaps shorter hdmi cable?
TS-473A, 32GB, 4x4TB, Raid5, 12GB Red Plus backup
stilus
New here

Post by stilus »

gagaktom wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing some curious behavior from my TS-253 Pro when using HD station. I have connected the Nas to my Samsung HU7500 Tv and it works fine. But after a while, it appears that my TV don't detect the HDMI signal anymore. I have to reboot HD station in order to get the signal back. I also tried to connect the Nas to my Denon AV Amp and i still have the same problem. After some hours,it seems to lost the HDMI signal.

I checked the HD station option menu, and i don't the something like an " HDMI auto wake up" option...

Tom
Hi, I have the same problem. It's works and after a while I have that error :( Maybe with an update ... will solve the problem.
stilus
New here

Post by stilus »

stilus wrote:
gagaktom wrote:Hi everyone,

Tom
Hi, I have the same problem. It's works and after a while I have that error :( Maybe with an update ... will solve the problem.
Status update:
I have the NAS connected directly to tv hdmi
- Still have the same problem...but, when I change from tv to hdmi on the top of tv display it says "hdmi 800x600 resolution" and in setting of hibriddesk station on "output resolution" it's "undefined (--hz)". If I change...it's not working :shock:
- If I restart the NAS, on the settings it's 1920x1080 60Hz and it's working
I hope they will solve this problem with an update :roll:
I don't want to restart the NAS everyday to watch a movie ......
Jas99
New here

Post by Jas99 »

Hi all,
Any update on this issue, I have the same problem and it always happens here the end of a movie....

Thanks
Jason
cterrosi
First post

Post by cterrosi »

H All,
I had e The dame issue it is really frustrating can't use nasty after few minutes!
Any update?
Qnap please fix this issue!

Cosimo
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

I am not seeing any those issues running HD Station (Kodi) on my Vizio 4k tv / Yamaha Receiver.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
tigernuts
New here

Post by tigernuts »

I've just bought a TS-653 Pro and connected it with hdmi to my samsung UE55JU7000. I have also issues with hdmi, i need to reboot HD station every time I had my tv turned off. My tv doesn't get any hdmi signal from my TS-653 Pro when I turn on my tv until i reboot HD station. It's very annoying!
tasar
New here

Post by tasar »

Iam also a new owner of the 453mini, same hardware like 253 Pro. I had the same issue on my Denon X2000 Av receiver. Installed on the Qnap was the latest firmware and HD Station 3.1. Then i read, that someone fix this problem with downgrade to Hd Station 3.0.8 and now, the problem was gone.
stilus
New here

Post by stilus »

tasar wrote:Iam also a new owner of the 453mini, same hardware like 253 Pro. I had the same issue on my Denon X2000 Av receiver. Installed on the Qnap was the latest firmware and HD Station 3.1. Then i read, that someone fix this problem with downgrade to Hd Station 3.0.8 and now, the problem was gone.
If you downgrade ... it's not a fix :( they need to solve the problem with an upgrade but .... yes, they are very busy, I'm thinking qnap vs synology .... :roll:
tasar
New here

Post by tasar »

Your right, sorry but english is not my favorite language and very bad... I mean that the downgrade to 3.0.8 solve the HDMI problem for me
Jas99
New here

Post by Jas99 »

I wish I could say the same thing..
Always seems to happen about the 2hr mark... Right at the end of a movie.. Very frustrating
mgdubya27
New here

Post by mgdubya27 »

I'm having having similar issues with my new 451+. Yesterday, I installed HD Station and saw the NAS on my Samsung JS9000.

Today, I fired up the TV but all I get is a black screen - I can get a carrier but just a black screen. I'm assuming it's a resolution issue or something.

Any help?
mgdubya27
New here

Post by mgdubya27 »

Reinstalled HD station, restarted the NAS. Tried the same HDMI cable with PS3 and B-Ray player and still had a black screen. Replaced the HDMI cable and still had a black screen. Was getting super **.
Out of desperation, I unplugged the TV and voila, it worked. Turned off the TV and had a beer. When I turned the TV back on, the TV could see the B-Ray player and PS3 but it would not detect the NAS. I disabled HD station and re-inabled and it worked again. Works great when it works. Am I going to have disable and re-enable HD station every time I turn on the TV?
stilus
New here

Post by stilus »

mgdubya27 wrote:Reinstalled HD station, restarted the NAS. Tried the same HDMI cable with PS3 and B-Ray player and still had a black screen. Replaced the HDMI cable and still had a black screen. Was getting super **.
Out of desperation, I unplugged the TV and voila, it worked. Turned off the TV and had a beer. When I turned the TV back on, the TV could see the B-Ray player and PS3 but it would not detect the NAS. I disabled HD station and re-inabled and it worked again. Works great when it works. Am I going to have disable and re-enable HD station every time I turn on the TV?
Yes, It's frustrating :x We rote here since 22 nov and nothing till now...1 month! and to do a downgrade it's not a solution, they updated the HD Station with Kodi 15. I still waiting...maybe this year :lol: they will solve the problem.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”