TS-421 owner paying for Amazon Music hosting service

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
melvynadam
Starting out

TS-421 owner paying for Amazon Music hosting service

Post by melvynadam »

My NAS is a glorified USB HDD. I'm aware of all of these fantastic things that it can do but I hardly use any of them.

Currently I pay Amazon £21.99 a year to make my 50,000+ MP3 collection available to my mobile devices (two iPads & two iPhones). All of this music is also on my NAS. I'm assuming that I should just use some of the QNAP tools and save the money but I don't know where to start. Can someone please point me to a tutorial.

I have a dynamic IP address from my ISP is that going to be a problem?
CylonCenturion

Re: TS-421 owner paying for Amazon Music hosting service

Post by CylonCenturion »

melvynadam wrote:My NAS is a glorified USB HDD. I'm aware of all of these fantastic things that it can do but I hardly use any of them.

Currently I pay Amazon £21.99 a year to make my 50,000+ MP3 collection available to my mobile devices (two iPads & two iPhones). All of this music is also on my NAS. I'm assuming that I should just use some of the QNAP tools and save the money but I don't know where to start. Can someone please point me to a tutorial.

I have a dynamic IP address from my ISP is that going to be a problem?
How i should do it:

connect your NAS to your home network
login to qts by http://NAS_IP:8080 > by admin/admin

install music station : replacement for amazon music
enable cloudlink on the nas

create a new user (for music station), and grant access to ONLY the music dir., let's say Jumbo, with pass JJ2000

go to here
and install the qmusic app.

open qmusic app
point to XXX.myqnapcloud.com
user = Jumbo
pass = JJ2000

enjoy your music from where you are on the globe.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”