Import Playlist into Music Station

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
darrelrhodes
First post

Import Playlist into Music Station

Post by darrelrhodes »

I fear this question has been asked before (although not for some time) .... is it possible to import a playlist (preferably exported from iTunes) in to Music Station?

I have a TS231+ just updated to 4.2.0. Build 20160101.

Many thanks for any help! :)
QPeterQ
New here

Re: Import Playlist into Music Station

Post by QPeterQ »

Impossible. As it has been throughout all the MusicStation releases of over ten years. I have been hoping for this feature (playlist import/export) all the time – to no avail. Is it too obvious a feature? To customers really have to tell them that it's among the basic feature of every audio player out there?

Go cry on somebody else's shoulder (Frank Zappa)
Tasilee
New here

Post by Tasilee »

We are now up to MusicStation 5 and I still can't see any way of importing playlists (e.g., M3U) from other PC applications such as MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey allows for far smarter Smart Playlists than does Music Station, so being able to import an external playlist is a huge fault that needs to be addressed.
Tasilee
New here

Post by Tasilee »

Ticket ID: OXO-527-88004

Hi Lee,
Yes, unfortunately we don't have a import playlist feature yet. I have submitted a feature request, but final decision shall be made by Product Manager.
So I can't tell the dates or if this feature will be approved.
I'm sorry for inconvenience with this. I will inform you if we will have this feature implemented.

Best regards,
Artur
QNAP Systems, Inc
steerage250
Getting the hang of things

Post by steerage250 »

We play all our music with playlists. Our "master playlists" currently live in iTunes, and I can't see that changing. If I could export my playlists from iTunes, and import them into Music Station, I could see me finding uses for Music Station, but otherwise....
TS-251, PCs with Windows 10
raoulland
First post

Post by raoulland »

I guess that playlists are stored somewhere on nas. Maybe it could be possible to manually replace or add playlist file(s) in the good format (txt, m3u, xml...). Can someone in Qnap tell us how to do that?
goldbondx
New here

Post by goldbondx »

Sorry if this is too old or painful for most..but I found a work around for how to get my iTunes playlists to QNAP. It's a bit painful but can be done..

1. I have Windows iTunes open and I have my browser with Music Station 5 and NO music in mapped directory.
2. I create a playlist under Music Station 5 (MS5) and ensure the music I plan to move is mapped to the correct folder on the QNAP.
3. I select the songs within a corresponding iTunes playlist and physically drag in the the MS5 playlist I just created. I ensure the option: add to play list and correct playlist I just created are selected at bottom of window.
4. After several minutes...I have my playlist.

It's that simply..

Sorry if there are other threads with exact same workaround. But, I didn't see them.

I hope this helps.
Gib68
New here

Post by Gib68 »

Hi, trying (again) to understand if Music Station is an option for me and I was surprisded to find out this missing key feature, of importing existing standard M3U format playlists (I have many and would never recreate them manually).
The drag&drop suggested above does not seem to work from windows file system or Mediamonkey and I'd rather not install iTunes just for this
Is there any other alternative to import M3U playlists in Music Station?
Thanks
VVet69
Starting out

Post by VVet69 »

Music Station Drag and Drop does NOT create a playlist if you do the following:
NOTE: all files in iTunes were added by folder from the QNAP folder where everything is stored.
1. Select all the music in an iTunes playlist
2. In Music Station 5.3.13, create a new Playlist and open it, should be no music files listed in the playlist
2.1 Drag and Drop the files from the iTunes Playlist into the MS5 empty playlist
2.2 an Upload dialog box appears with all of the selected music (mp3) files
2.3 Select the folder where you want the files to be uploaded (for me, Multimedia/Music)
2.4 Select File Name Conflict Handler to Skip
2.5 Check the Add to Playlist box
2.6 Click Upload Now
3. MS5 churns through all of the files over a length of time. After it is complete, the playlist is EMPTY.

If someone has figured out how to do this, how about providing a detail step list of what you did to get this to work?

I ALREADY have all my media organized into folders in QNAP Multimedia directory and have no intention of deleting this just to re-import from iTunes. Why is it so hard for QNAP to figure out how to support an industry standard m3u playlist import/export function????

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”