Video does not support online play or does not exist!!!

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
paologgd
First post

Video does not support online play or does not exist!!!

Post by paologgd »

Hello everyone,
first of all I'd like to apologize for my bad english...I hope it'll be understandable....

Maybe I'm missing something with my TS251 4G,
I copied a folder with some movies in that were previously on an external hard disk that I use to connect via USB to SmartTV . Playback was smooth although, the films were in full hd and I had no format file problems (mkv, avi, etc) during its playback.
I moved them on QNAP, and if I try to play them from Video Station, reaching Qnap by PC and not from television, some films doesn't start and all I get the message "The video does not support online play, or the video does not exist" while others that start are very jerky and slow using playback of the current file format, without asking any kind of transcoding.
Same thing happens if I try to play it via Smart TV, connected with NAS with cat 6 ethernet cable.
Plus I downloaded different software, including Plex, but I don't know how to use it on that files...how can I play it? ....
The paradox is that I enjoy films with separate hard drive more than an expansive NAS!!
Possible?
Thanks a lot.
dizzy0709
Starting out

Re: Video does not support online play or does not exist!!!

Post by dizzy0709 »

You can also use Kodi, this already comes with HD Station or you can install on your PC.
Goto Video and File - and your mapped drive or directory to open the source mkv, avi, etc
panzer448
First post

Post by panzer448 »

Did anyone figure this out it is happening to about 30% of my library and i don't know what the difference is in the files
pisymbol
Getting the hang of things

Post by pisymbol »

My guess is you are running into the MKV problem.

Use Kodi. It works.
asdlinux
Starting out

Post by asdlinux »

This is because qnap removed DTS and AC3 support during a licence issue. At the moment transcoding is kind of broken and does no longer officially support .mkv. I feel like i have bought a lemon because this was the main reason i bought my TS-451. It is discussed in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=121485
daniku65
First post

Post by daniku65 »

asdlinux wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm This is because qnap removed DTS and AC3 support during a licence issue. At the moment transcoding is kind of broken and does no longer officially support .mkv. I feel like i have bought a lemon because this was the main reason i bought my TS-451. It is discussed in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=121485
Thanks a lot asdlinux, transcoding my mp4 from ac3 to aac made it work on Video Station (qvideo had no issue surprisingly...)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”