Video Station not transcoding MKV

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
buiz_
Starting out

Re: Video Station not transcoding MKV

Post by buiz_ »

Tried your solution without luck. All SSH commands except the second-to-last work, on the second-to-last I get " mv: can't rename '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg': No such file or directory"

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: should I restart the NAS or any services after performing the fix?

EDIT 2: I picked the X86 version, should I have picked the 64bit instead?
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

All the mv command do a backup copy of the original files, in case you want to restore original environment.
It is too strange that you not have /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg

Did you have installed official codexpack from app center and the qpkg that i've linked before starting ssh commands?
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

You can try to skip the last two commands (mv & ln) because the ffmpeg that will launched for on-the-fly transcoding is the one in my_ffmpeg folder
buiz_
Starting out

Post by buiz_ »

Tried to do a fresh install (removed CodexPack and FFMPEG pack), then re-installed CodexPack 4.3.0.1, then re-installed this time the 64-bit version of FFMPEG dkpg, ran all your commands, got the same error on the second-to-last command, and background transcode is still not working... :/

Any ideas?
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

launch this command and post the result

Code: Select all

[~] # ls /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/
here are the result from my qnap
Cattura.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buiz_
Starting out

Post by buiz_ »

EDIT: pasting as screenshots instead. Quite a lot more stuff in my directory compared to yours!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

I don't know why there is this difference but in your list the ffmpeg file is visible. It's strange that you can't mv the file.

Sent from Tapatalk
buiz_
Starting out

Post by buiz_ »

I reinstalled 4.2.7D and am now able to transcode to 240p, all other resolutions fail. This is good enough for now, but if one day we find a solution to allow to transcode to at least 360p it would be great. It would be greater still if QNAP didn't nerf their CodexPack to be unable to handle AC3/DTS...
ReDrUm
New here

Post by ReDrUm »

I had upgraded to 4.3.3 final weeks ago and somehow retained my ability to watch MKV files with AC3 audio. Sadly my built in IR receiver wasn't working after upgrading so QNAP support asked me to removed HD Station and reinstall it.
That didn't help at all and now I've lost my ability to play any files with AC3!! Luckily my IR receiver is now functioning again after upgrading to the latest `4.3.3.0188` build which came out today, but I'm still unable to hear any audio files which is devastating!

Should Kodi be able to play back files with or without the CodexPack? I've installed the 4.2.3 from this thread which has restored audio playback within Video Station but Kodi still can't play any AC3 audio (Kodi 17 from Qnap Club). Any ideas?
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

No idea on Kodi from QNAP club, but Kodi from FM works just fine for AC3 playback. The default KODI settings though I believe only are setup for 2 channel audio, so make sure you have actually enabled KODI to use more than 2 channel audio under Kodi settings.

CodexPack in this use case I believe would mainly impact CPU usage for video transcoding/playback through Kodi. It uses it's own audio libraries that are bundled in from what I now to do the audio decoding.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
ReDrUm
New here

Post by ReDrUm »

Hi Trexx,
Thanks for your answer. That sounds promising. I'll give the FM version a go :)
Cheers!
buiz_
Starting out

Post by buiz_ »

Transcoding no longer works with any resolution. It is as though QNAP has disabled any use of older versions of the Codec pack. Back to scratch, I guess. Anyone found a working fix for this? It's really disappointing that Qnap can't be bothered to give us ac3 support
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

how i've told i can play all video/audio formats but with admin user only.
here are a video from my smartphone with 3g connection, i clicked on 240p (in video is not very clear).
if i connect to qnap with other users only original resolution is showed

Link to video: https://youtu.be/UVTwPNr423U
[youtube=]https://youtu.be/UVTwPNr423U[/youtube]
mosix wrote:hi all, i'm new here and i joined this forum mainly for this issue.
i've found the same problem after i've installed my new qnap and i'm frustrated by this thing.
after a lot of searching/testing anything solution, i've tried to solve the problem from myself and i've found a possible workaround.
after installing official codexpack (for my nas is 4.3.0.1 version) i've installed ffmpeg from qnapclub repository and i've symlinked ffmpeg from this package to all other path.
here are the steps to do this after installing ffmpeg (you can find the qpkg here: http://qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=379):
  1. - access the nas by ssh
  • - execute this command

Code: Select all

[~] # mv /usr/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg
    [~] # mv /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/my_ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg
    [~] # mv /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg.old
    [~] # ln -s /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/usr/bin/ffmpeg

after this i'm able to play/transcode on-the-fly all type of videos, also any mkv with dts/ac3 audio tracks.

for me now the remaining issues are two only:

1. on android qvideo app i can't move the timeline bar, every time i click on a certain point of the bar or drag and drop it the video starts again from begin

2. the same as this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=103555
my user is in the administrators group but from android qvideo app there aren't the option to transcode to other resolutions, only original file option are showed. only if i log on with admin user, the other resolutions are showed (and works well!)

i hope this can help all other affected users
bye
mosix
Starting out

Post by mosix »

I don't know why the embedded video not works, this is why i linked to youtube directly

other examples...

the audio delay is introduced by android's screen recorder app (no problem when playing a video normally),
during playing "iron man 3" there is a little freeze but it's because my home internet connection is very poor

Link to video: https://youtu.be/TCnkVso3nQs
[youtube=]https://youtu.be/TCnkVso3nQs[/youtube]
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Post by somy1982 »

Can somebody confirm 4.2.7D stops working with the new July firmware?

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”