QFile/QVideo/CodexPack - Removed Support for .mkv files and DTS/AC3 Audio Streams

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QFile/QVideo/CodexPack - Removed Support for .mkv files and DTS/AC3 Audio Streams

Post by dolbyman »

true...and that is how it should be ...big noisy nas boxes should not be close to the tv

save a lot a grief and trouble by shifting to dlna ... no need for codexpacks or anything else

if you get the hdmi on the nas to work fine ..but if not...why bother?

for 30-50 bucks you can buy a x256 10bit capable kodi box..no more trouble
stroy
New here

Re: QFile/QVideo/CodexPack - Removed Support for .mkv files and DTS/AC3 Audio Streams

Post by stroy »

if you still want support for ac3/dts and mkv transcoding

this is my solution: --> BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST!!!!

1. install QTS 4.2.1.20160601 (BE CAREFULL ABOUT NAS MODEL) download( https://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/TS-X51/TS- ... -4.2.1.zip) control panel --> system settings--> firmware update (then select unziped previous file) --> BE SURE TO DISABLE AUTOMATICLY CHECK NEWER VERSION
2. install CodexPack_4.2.3.D_x86_64_Intel_20160328.qpkg DOWNLOAD(https://mega.nz/#F!L1ATCaYQ!51SgWKG2iL4llN3R_CdU_w) APP CENTER -->settings --> install manually

WORKS GREAT, JUST LIKE 18 MONTHS AGO :)

I quit updating my Qnap NAS ;)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

stroy wrote:
I quit updating my Qnap NAS ;)
Just make sure not to expose it to the net ..
stroy
New here

Post by stroy »

Dolbyman, I have ports 80 and 8080 opened, do you consider this big security risks?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I think EVERYONE considers those ports big security risks. Please ensure they are not accessible from outside your LAN. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stroy
New here

Post by stroy »

but I need them because I use web server on port 80, and various android apps use port 8080 to connect remotely, do you perhaps know hot to solve this problem?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Then you should be updating your firmware. If you are the only person accessing the NAS, consider using a VPN.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

yeah leaving the web ports open is a bad idea with an outdated firmware

and if a VPN server is used, don't do it on the NAS (do with the router or other device)
stroy
New here

Post by stroy »

but my web server is hosting my business web page and few others, i need this port open, I see no solution for this. VPN is only for personal use.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

stroy wrote:but my web server is hosting my business web page and few others, i need this port open, I see no solution for this. VPN is only for personal use.
Then I suggest:
  1. close incoming port 8080 on your router,
  2. update your NAS firmware to the latest stable release,
  3. use a VPN to permit your Android apps to access your NAS on port 8080.
This way, you are minimizing your exposure whilst still allowing public access to port 80 and private (VPN) access to port 8080 for yourself.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”