tsa-253a HD station issue (black screen, cursor present)

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
soulie
Starting out

tsa-253a HD station issue (black screen, cursor present)

Post by soulie »

my tsa-253a is having problems with HD station.
HD station is set to auto login.

when the nas boots or at any time after boot the cursor displays and moves but none of the actual screen is displayed, adding a keyboard or mouse and making input does not bar move the cursor. restarting hd station restarts as expected (via SSH or web interface) but still the same result. If i use qmanager it reports hd station is not loaded or to login to access apps. i DO get a display for a very brief period if i restart or shutdown the NAS. this has only started happening since the last but two updates. removing and re-installing hd station doesnt have any impact.

can anyone shed any light before i resort to qnap support?
soulie
Starting out

Re: tsa-253a HD station issue (black screen, cursor present)

Post by soulie »

To add to this.
today i have done a clean hd station install and restarted several times and everything seems ok thus far. I am starting to think it is something either off the EU repo that is causing the issue or potentially trying to install half a dozen things at once following a re-install that causes something to break (including displaying the logon screen)

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”