media streaming add in does not work with Apple TV?

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
spec1
New here

media streaming add in does not work with Apple TV?

Post by spec1 »

Hello, I am hoping some one can help me here. I would like to stream a slideshow to my Gen 4 apple TV. I have a TS-451+ with a photo library of close to 30,000 pics. The apple TV is connected to a Yamaha RX A850 receiver which is connected to a samsung tv. All network connections are Cat5 except the laptop I work on which is wifi.

I'd like to play the slide show Through the apple TV so that my household users can continue to airplay their music to network enabled speakers in house and patio from their handhelds etc while the slide show continues to loop on the TV screen during a graduation party.

I have tried 2 main approaches, neither seems to do the trick:

1. Use Photostation with the media streaming add in. The media streaming add in recognizes the apple tv on my network but when I drag photo content to the apple TV in media streaming, it loads, and tells me it is playing but nothing appears on the TV screen. Same experience when I drag and drop photos to the airplay enabled yamaha.

2. Installed Plex on the NAS and on the apple TV, and on my Laptop. PLEX on the NAS can create and play the slideshow nicely but doesnt seem to be able to control the plex app on the apple TV. The Plex app on my laptop can control plex on the apple TV but the slideshow functionality is buggy. Same goes for playing the slideshow directly from the plex app on the apple tv. The app doesnt seem to work well and you can't shuffle the pics in the slide show.

Help!

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”