Video Station DLNA streaming missing audio

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
kaefert
Getting the hang of things

Video Station DLNA streaming missing audio

Post by kaefert »

Hey there,

until recently I've been using TwonkyMedia on my TS-469L. After upgrading to QTS 4.3.3 I've found that this is no longer supported. Not happy.
So I tried the Qnap "in-house" replacements "Music Station" which works fine and "Video Station" which sadly looses the audio when streaming a video that has an AAC audiostream. Video files with PCM audio channel seem to work fine.

Is this a bug, or is there some configuration missing? Also I saw that the transcodesrv is running in the background all the time, even when I had disabled all that qnap multimedia stuff. I don't really need my qnap device to transcode anything, I want it to simply pass my media files to my players unchanged. Unlike my Qnap NAS my media players can handle all those codecs just fine..
kaefert

Re: Video Station DLNA streaming missing audio

Post by kaefert »

the ssh screen QRPLAYER is full of errors...

Code: Select all

[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:778][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >>[TrackDuration] :259    00:04:19
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:779][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >>[m_trackSkipCnt]:0
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:780][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: ==========================================
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:818][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >3.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:847][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >4.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2497][Func:void* process(void*)]: Command:ListPlayer  --dev:N/A
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2498][Func:void* process(void*)]: 
<root>
        <command>ListPlayer</command>
</root>

[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2636][Func:void* process(void*)]: Command:ListPlayer  --dev:N/A(done)
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2497][Func:void* process(void*)]: Command:ListRender  --dev:N/A
<root>
        <command>ListRender</command>
</root>

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:540][Func:int list_render(CPlayerManager&, XMLNode&, XMLNode&)]: using 0 sec for list DLNA
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
Failed to create client object: Daemon not running
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:856][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >X.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)(changTrackCnt:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:678][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >1.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:708][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >2.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:767][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: ct = 163, priorCT = 162
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:777][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >>[RealTime]      :163    00:02:43
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:778][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >>[TrackDuration] :259    00:04:19
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:779][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >>[m_trackSkipCnt]:0
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:780][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: ==========================================
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:818][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >3.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:847][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >4.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
Failed to create client object: Daemon not running
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:573][Func:int list_render(CPlayerManager&, XMLNode&, XMLNode&)]: Airplay and Chromecast... fail
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:580][Func:int list_render(CPlayerManager&, XMLNode&, XMLNode&)]: using 0 sec for list airplay and chromecast
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:611][Func:int list_render(CPlayerManager&, XMLNode&, XMLNode&)]: using 1 sec for list alsa
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:620][Func:int list_render(CPlayerManager&, XMLNode&, XMLNode&)]: using 0 sec for list hdplayer
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2636][Func:void* process(void*)]: Command:ListRender  --dev:N/A(done)
[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2497][Func:void* process(void*)]: Command:GetPlayerStatus  --dev:uuid:5F9EC1B3-ED59-79BB-4530-745e1c78fffd
<root>
        <command>GetPlayerStatus</command>
        <paramList>
                <dev>uuid:5F9EC1B3-ED59-79BB-4530-745e1c78fffd</dev>
        </paramList>
</root>

[File:qRPlayerCenter.cpp][Line:2636][Func:void* process(void*)]: Command:GetPlayerStatus  --dev:uuid:5F9EC1B3-ED59-79BB-4530-745e1c78fffd(done)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:856][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >X.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)(changTrackCnt:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:678][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >1.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
[File:dlnaPlayer.cpp][Line:708][Func:virtual void CDlnaPlayer::process()]: >2.(STATE_PLAY_E)(m_bStuckOnWaitLock:0)(m_bStop:0)(m_bExit:0)(m_bIsPlaying:1)(m_bChangeToNext:0)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

video station and dlna are different things

videostation = via browser
dlna = via dlna renderer (tv, kodi box,etc.)

twonk is still compatible..just not free anymore
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

yes well I'm cheap. I don't like to spend 20€ on a Twonky license so I'm trying to use the qnap multimedia services instead.

And when you have the qnap dlna services installed Videostation and Musicstation can be used as dlna control points to play the media on your qnap device on dlna renderers on the same network. just I was able to use the twonkymedia webinterface. only slower and with a lot more bugs and quirks...
TASCer
New here

Post by TASCer »

Thanks for the info regarding the QNAP player versus Twonky. I am at 4.2.2 on my 468L and it has been pretty solid (sans a few external USB drive disconnects) and am apprehensive of jumping to 4.3.x. All my movies are avi or mpeg4, will I have the same issue as you?

TIA
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

I don't know if you would run into the same issues, it seems very much dependent on the DLNA-renderer device used. Twonkymedia seems to be equipped to handle much more devices without problems than qnap's own dlna services.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”