Generating Reports For Multimedia Files Added

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
crazydv8er
New here

Generating Reports For Multimedia Files Added

Post by crazydv8er »

(Apologies if this is the wrong place or has already been addressed, but I scoured the forums and could not find exactly what I am looking for.)

I am looking for (ideally) an add-on service/utility for the QNAP that will allow me to generate reports of the multimedia files I have added.

I have a very large movie collection, and sometimes it is hard to keep track of the latest movies I have added to it, and then I forget all about them for months. Also, I am a DJ who backs up his music collection to the NAS and would like to keep track of what was added, when it was added, and to what directories.

To break it down, for my sanity, I am looking to generate a report, say every 2 weeks to a month, that will give me the basics....the file name added, date it was added, and location. It can be done in the simplest text-based format if need be, though having extra features like a url link or clean presentation of data in a PDF or otherwise would be great to have. If it could be automated (set the program to run the report every 2 weeks without me having to manually do it) that would be a bonus.

If there is nothing that runs on the QNAP that can do this, I will take suggestions on a windows-based utility that would work also.

Thank you.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”