Remote control not working in HD Station

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
sonicfishcake
New here

Remote control not working in HD Station

Post by sonicfishcake »

Hi

I have a TS-453A and just recently the standard remote control bundled with it stops working. I restart the HD Station and it still doesn't work. However when I reboot the NAS it works for a while. When I come to it a couple of days later it doesn't work again until rebooting. The QRemote app on my phone still works regardless but I'd rather use the bundled one.

I would guess there is an IR driver loaded or something that is closing after a certain time. Does anyone have any ideas so I don't have to keep rebooting to get the use of the remote control back.

Thanks in advance

Geoff
TS-453A

4x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB

RAID 10
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Remote control not working in HD Station

Post by dolbyman »

if its a bug that crashes the ir ...contact qnap via ticket ..so they can fix it
gregbm
New here

Post by gregbm »

I have the same problem, qnap via ticket can't fix it, they tell me to reinstall qnap Fw.

Someone have an other solutuon?
Galahad999
New here

Post by Galahad999 »

I have the same problem, exactly as stated by sonicfishcake. The remote control worked great since I installed the RAID a long time ago, but during the month of January 2018 it has been bad -- after a few days away, it decides to stop working entirely. The only resolution is to restart the RAID, which does take a long time.

Is this a problem introduced in firmware version 4.3.4.0435, build 20171230? The IR remote seemed to be quite stable before that firmware update.

Please help!
gregbm
New here

Post by gregbm »

Do you think we can solve it by reinstall HD station?
gregbm
New here

Post by gregbm »

I reinstall QTS an HDstation but my remote work 1 day and it stop working
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

report to qnap please
gregbm
New here

Post by gregbm »

I submitted a ticket but they said me to reinstall Hd station and Qts but nothing elese
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

then reply that it didn't help
zeberde69
New here

Post by zeberde69 »

Hi all,

My TS-251+ has the same issue since decembers 2017 upgrades, was either 1 of the 3 firmware updates or the update of the HD station to 3.2.3.

Worked great before these updates.

I have found that rebooting the HD station makes the remote work again till you log off the HD station and when the remotes does work it takes 3-4 buttons presses to start working each time you want to use it.

I reboot the HD station by using the quick copy button on the front pressed for 6 secs.

Will try downgrading HD station in next few days.

Regards zeberde69
TS-251+ 2bay 4GB RAM Raid 1 3 TB
Firmware version 4.3.4.0483 Build 20180213
HD station 3.2.3
Remote RM-IR002
zeberde69
New here

Post by zeberde69 »

Hi all,

Updated to Firmware version 4.3.4.0483 Build 20180213 today and remote working better with in app Kodi etc more responsive one press to do things instead of 3 or 4 but still does not wake the HD station and still needs to be rebooted to use each time.

Zeberde69
TS-251+ 2bay 4GB RAM Raid 1 3 TB
Firmware version 4.3.4.0483 Build 20180213
HD station 3.2.3
Remote RM-IR002
sonicfishcake
New here

Post by sonicfishcake »

zeberde69 wrote:Hi all,

My TS-251+ has the same issue since decembers 2017 upgrades, was either 1 of the 3 firmware updates or the update of the HD station to 3.2.3.

Worked great before these updates.

I have found that rebooting the HD station makes the remote work again till you log off the HD station and when the remotes does work it takes 3-4 buttons presses to start working each time you want to use it.

I reboot the HD station by using the quick copy button on the front pressed for 6 secs.

Will try downgrading HD station in next few days.

Regards zeberde69
My problem was exactly this.

But all of a sudden even a reboot doesn't get the remote working again. Helpdesk is no help. I even backed-up, did factory reset and restored all of my files but still have the issue
TS-453A

4x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB

RAID 10
gabinxs
First post

Post by gabinxs »

Same here, on a 251a. Just registered to see if anyone had the same problem. It started around January after a few firmware updates...
izifsound
Starting out

Post by izifsound »

Hi Guys,

I got the same problem here.

I use Hd Station With Kodi and, since a few firmware update, the infrared stop working after few hours...
The only way to get it back is to restart the nas (Just restart Hd Station is not enough)

The fact is that the ir receiver doesn't work because the included remote controller AND my logitech harmony controller don't respond.

PLEASE QNAP GIVE US SOME HELP my multimedia station is just a mess without my ir remote...
izifsound
Starting out

Post by izifsound »

I reply to myself...

I have just opened a ticket on qnap support. Their last answer was : (In french)

[#XAN-679-43405]: Télécommande Infrarouge
Merci des infos,
j'ai ouvert un ticket sur le bugtracker à l'attentio de la R&D, je vous tiens au courant
Cordialement,
Stéphane,

Maybe we'll have an answer the 1st April !

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”