Music Station cant show any of my music files

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
srsylva
Starting out

Music Station cant show any of my music files

Post by srsylva »

Hello,

Music Station cant show any of my music. When I open the app (either in QTS or mobile app - iOS), I cant see any music. If I select Folder navigation, I can see my folders inside Music directory, but not the music files. If I select Album, or Artist, I cant see any music. If I use the search function, use all fields empty and click "search", all music available are shown and can be played. But Then if I click in Artist icon again, in main directory, my Music Station remains empty... have rebooted the QTS; have reinstalled Music Station; have reconfigured Music Station directory in Control Panel (Multimedia, folders, etc); but nothing seems to work; PLEX can see and play all my music.

Any tips???

Best regards,
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Re: Music Station cant show any of my music files

Post by albumman »

srsylva wrote:Hello,

Music Station cant show any of my music. When I open the app (either in QTS or mobile app - iOS), I cant see any music. If I select Folder navigation, I can see my folders inside Music directory, but not the music files. If I select Album, or Artist, I cant see any music. If I use the search function, use all fields empty and click "search", all music available are shown and can be played. But Then if I click in Artist icon again, in main directory, my Music Station remains empty... have rebooted the QTS; have reinstalled Music Station; have reconfigured Music Station directory in Control Panel (Multimedia, folders, etc); but nothing seems to work; PLEX can see and play all my music.

Any tips???

Best regards,
I'm assuming you are new to the NAS since the details are sketchy. For the files to appear in Music Station (or other apps like Qmusic), you have to index them first in Multimedia Management.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
srsylva
Starting out

Post by srsylva »

[/quote] I'm assuming you are new to the NAS since the details are sketchy. For the files to appear in Music Station (or other apps like Qmusic), you have to index them first in Multimedia Management.[/quote]

Hi, indeed this is my first days using NAS/QTS. I forgot to say that I have rebuilt the media library indexing more than once (did it now again), with no success regarding Music Station (no music is shown yet). Also I let the scan-settings configured to "real time scan new files added to the library". So I suppose the indexing process should work immediately after I upload (or move) files for the directory. Which isnt happening. Any chance the indexer can not be acting as configured?

Thanks for the hint!
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

Congrats on your NAS. To begin, if you have not done so already, take some time to read the QTS manual if never using a NAS.
This may sound like a simple question but once in Multimedia Management, tab to the Media Folder and be sure you added the appropriate share.
Depending on your model NAS, it will take awhile to scan. Under the Medial Library tab, look for the status to change from Ready to Indexing.
As for PLEX playing your music...that's because it uses its own database.

Hope that helps!
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
srsylva
Starting out

Post by srsylva »

Thanks, it makes more sense now; I am updating for the last version of the firmware (released today) and expect things to come back to normal, as it was before. Best!
dippolds
First post

Post by dippolds »

I have the same problem. All of my music is indexed but Music Station 5 says "no any music content in the library"
I then clicked Private Collection and see all the music. However, if I click Media Server, it says "Media Library is Busy now" It has been more than a week since I indexed and Multimedia Management says it is all done.

I am on the latest versions of everything.
Amodin
Starting out

Post by Amodin »

I was having the same issues, and I believe I found the problem, and it's user access. In the DLNA Server properties, the default access is granted to 'guest'. For some reason, that account is no longer existent in my NAS. I changed it to 'admin' and everything is populated now on my LG TV.

I can understand not wanting to use a guest account for security, but you could have at least made some changes to this other than just deleting accounts, QNAP people.

Not happy about this at all, and it happened with the last firmware update.
dosanjh
New here

Post by dosanjh »

Even I am also facing the same problem. Tried many things but no luck yet.
Cubbies
Starting out

Post by Cubbies »

I finally got my music to show up. Hopefully these steps I performed will help you too.

Begin by opening Control Panel > Applications > Multimedia Management
Go to Media Folder and ADD folders you want, pictures and videos, etc. too.
Then go to Media Library and Scan now. Then Rebuild media library indexing

Next open Music Station 5
Click on the 3 vertical dots, Settings.
Open Access Permissions
I checked NAS Audio Output and Network Media Player and Media Server.

Then my music showed up.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”