How to share a photo as an email attachment from Photo Station?

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
cserl
Starting out

How to share a photo as an email attachment from Photo Station?

Post by cserl »

Hi,

is there a way to easily share a photo as an email attachment with a few clicks in Photo Station?
Qmail agent is installed including an email account.

After opening a photo > click on share > what next? I don't find an option for this.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: How to share a photo as an email attachment from Photo Station?

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

cserl wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:10 am Hi,

is there a way to easily share a photo as an email attachment with a few clicks in Photo Station?

After opening a photo > click on share > what next? I don't find an option for this.
qnap pic share.jpg

go photostation, right click image, select share, choose email attachment.

:mrgreen:

for email sharing, i don't think setting up myqnapcloud is required? only if you do a direct link share which requires your myqnapcloud dyndns to be setup.

anyway yes left clicking (double click) opens pics. and the right click on images offers options... so you probably overlooked that is my guess :) pretty standard pc operation for files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
cserl
Starting out

Post by cserl »

This way I get a share link in the email but not the photo itself as an attachment.
Is there a way to get the photo directly attached instead of a share link?
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

cserl wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 am ..
yes you are correct.

i just tested it.

although there is a tab to share as link, i choose the email instead. yet it still shares a link... hm :' apparently one is to generate a link, and the other is to send the link by email also....

at this point i doubt it can do an attached image as you require. would be nice if they did :(

you could try inquiring helpdesk and ask them about it, also a feature request if it doesn't exist
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/

but for now.... you can ... browse to your email... then fill as usual. then select attachement file, browse to your QNAP, select the image to attach :) all you need for this is a browser to login to your email and being able to browse to your QNAP share (if you are remote, then you probably need vpn to access the QNAP. If you are on lan you can use shortcut, network, mapped drive to browse to the qnap)
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
cserl
Starting out

Post by cserl »

Ticket raised with the following text:

Is there a way to easily share a photo as an email attachment with a few clicks in Photo Station?
I can only get a link but not the photo attached.

If this is not available please start a feature request for this. Good integration possibility of PhotoStation (or Qmagie) and QmailAgent. Quick win for the user, unique selling point in the NAS competetion
zuperpier
First post

Post by zuperpier »

Any response to the ticket? Being able to send an email with photos as attachment seems a very basic feature.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Please open a new topic instead of posting to three year old threads.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”