mytranscodesvr keeps crashing my system

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
caprichoso
Starting out

mytranscodesvr keeps crashing my system

Post by caprichoso »

I am on a TS-453bT3. As soon as I start loading video files I run out of system memory. mytranscodesvr takes 5 GB of memory. The system becomes unresponsive as it shows all the memory is in use. I tried to restart but on reboot the system had to rebuild the RAID, and then had to check the filesystem, which took close to a day. [I may have held down the power button too long forcing a hard shutdown?].

So is this a bug, should I just uninstall video station? It is totally repeatable.
caprichoso
Starting out

Re: mytranscodesvr keeps crashing my system

Post by caprichoso »

Just an update. Rebooted, stopped video station. Multimedia management has no folders selected. Memory usage is at 96% and the system response is very sluggish. mytranscodesv is taking over 4 GB of memory. I changed the auto transcoding section to manual which seems to give me control again and the memory was released. However no folders were specified in any of the multimedia management panels so I am mystified as to what mfytranscodesvr was actually doing.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”