video station & photo station wont work

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
tombj
Getting the hang of things

video station & photo station wont work

Post by tombj »

my ts453 pro 8gb had the common motherboard failure so I replaced it with an hs453dx. after setting it up and migrating the drives then updating the firmware I see the latest firmware update removed my kodi :evil: , so trying to get video station to work and I get "video station is currently offline, to use this feature please enable the media library service first" I check control panel>multimedia management and under the media library tab there is a red button for 'deactivate media library" so presumably the media library IS activated... what am I doing wrong? edit: looks like I had to start the service in QTS....BUT video station NOW says "the video does not support online playback or does not exist" yet the file is ON THE DRIVE, and plays when I use file station and click OPEN. whats going on? I tried HD player, and I can get some videos to play but on some there is no sound, yet again if I just click open on qfile on my phone and play thru vlc no problem. is there a way to get kodi or vlc installed on this thing? never had a problem with either of them....
dolbyman
Guru

Re: video station & photo station wont work

Post by dolbyman »

install kodi from qnapclub

https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/677
tombj
Getting the hang of things

Re: video station & photo station wont work

Post by tombj »

thanks, that did it. Just had to go into settings to adjust the audio so it would output to my av receiver correctly.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”