tag won't save automatically to tiff file?

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
camino.kudo
New here

tag won't save automatically to tiff file?

Post by camino.kudo »

In Photo Station setting/ miscellaneous, I have clicked on the box "Automatically save changes to files". Which means if I add a tag to a file it would save to the file's metadata automatically (instead of you need to click on a "save to file" button).

OK, then I tried to add some tags to some photos. Strangely, only tags that adding to jpg files are written into the file's metadata, but not tiff files.
I mean, tags can be saved directly into jpg files metadata, but not tiff files. Though the tiff files do show the tags in INFO, but it is not saved to the file's metadata (God knows where it saved to). I have fact-checked the tiff files by downloading to my desktop and examined with exif tool, there's no tag in there.

Why jpg is fine, but not tiff?

Why is that? Has anyone experienced this? Is it a bug or something? Please help. I'm a newbie to Photo Station. Thanks.

Model TS-351
Firmware 4.3.6.0993
Photo Station 5.7.9
Last edited by camino.kudo on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: tag won't save automatically to tiff file?

Post by Toxic17 »

Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
camino.kudo
New here

Re: tag won't save automatically to tiff file?

Post by camino.kudo »

Thank you Toxic17. I'll try to ask Qnap.

But before I do that, I want to know if there's anyone who has the same problem. TIFF is a very common format for photographers. If my problem can be duplicated by users, that means it's not my own little problem (which may be caused by some incorrect configuration, for example) and Qnap has to response to it accordingly.

Let me describe again what I have encountered. In a smart folder I selected several photos, some are TIFF and some are JPEG, to add a tag simultaneously. After that I checked every each of them in INFO to make sure that they all have the same tag added. Thay did. But then I downloaded them into my computer and examined by exif tool, only JPEG files's metadata have the tag added, the TIFF files's metatdata have not.

If users really concern about their tags were surely written into the file's metadata, should try to do the above procedure to make sure that they don't have the same result. Hope that's my problem only.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”