Qmedia on Apple TV no Sound when using Airplay

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Daniel12345
New here

Qmedia on Apple TV no Sound when using Airplay

Post by Daniel12345 »

I am trying to play my movies stored on my QNAP NAS via the Qmedia App on Apple TV. The Video is playing the way it should, but there is no sound when connected via Airplay to my Sonos speakers. Sound is there when connected to the projector via HDMI or when connected via Bluetooth to Apple Airpods. With all the other apps on Apple TV I don't have any sound issues. It seems that there is an issue with the Qmedia App and its support for Airplay (2). Does anyone have an idea to this issue could be resolved?

I am using:
TS228-A (With all the latest Firmware updates)
Apple TV - Latest Generation (Purchased in Dec 2019)
Steam to Sonos One (latest Generation with all firmware upgrades)
Qmedia for Apple TV - Latest update
Daniel12345
New here

Re: Qmedia on Apple TV no Sound when using Airplay

Post by Daniel12345 »

After some research it seems that the problem is with the Qmedia App QNAP provides for AppleTV. It seems that it does not support the Airplay 2 protocol required to let my Apple TV communicate with my Sonos Speakers. I could not find any alternative software for AppleTV that would do the trick. Does anyone know if QNAP plans to support Airplay 2 in one of its next releases or do you have any other hints that could solve the issue?
Daniel12345
New here

Re: Qmedia on Apple TV no Sound when using Airplay

Post by Daniel12345 »

Qnap now advertises the support of Airplay:
https://www.qnap.com/static/landing/US- ... index.html

The issues described above persist also with the latest firmware upgrade. I guess the company is still not able to support Airplay 2 for it's Multimedia iOS Apps. Does anyone have different information/alternative solutions or knows when this is going to be supported?

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”