QuMagie Bugs

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
xkoleslawx
First post

Re: QuMagie Bugs

Post by xkoleslawx »

why don't videos have thumbnails? I really wanted to de-google and Qumaggie looked like the answer but I can't have all these ugly blank icons in the middle of my timeline.
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

All my videos have their thmbnails correctly generated, so probably will be a codec/container issue

What codec is used for your videos/audios and in what container?

If are encoded in H265 (for example), h265 is not royalty free, so you must buy Caying MediaPlayer license or use a royalty free codec. HEVC vídeos are a very bad option today, its heavy patented and offer a much worse quality per bits compared for example with opensource and free AV1
trazz101
First post

Post by trazz101 »

graemev wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 am Are folks seeing this behaviour:

QuMagie Core provides facial recognition and object recognition engines. Note: These processes run in the background and may affect system performance.
Facial Recognition
Working...
99% ( 30760 / 30771 )
Object Recognition
Working...
99% ( 30764 / 30771 )
CPU

Both have been sitting at 99% for several months ...

My guess is there are some photos in which it breaks , e.g. big photos, so it just constantly restarting
Hi graemev,
Did you find out how to resolve this?
My facial recognition has been stuck at 99% for a week now "99% ( 81884 / 81886)".
So just 2 pictures left, but something about them that locks up the process.
And unfortunately it also blocks me in Qumagie from making any updates, the error I get is "The index is updating. Please try again later"...how many more weeks?

Thx
graemev
Know my way around

Post by graemev »

As I suggested, I disabled Qumagie and the Qnap AI core.
You say QuMagie Core which was a previous incarnation. The old version "worked" in that my photos were grouped by face match and I'd added names.
Your numbers however, look familiar. Mine also stopped at 99% and showed numbers around 30700 . (but I could still view the matched faces)
graemev
Know my way around

Post by graemev »

Ahh @ trazz101 I just realised you posted on this older thread . I'd thought you were talking about:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=161156

(explains why your numbers seemed familiar, you were quoting mine :ashamed: )

Anyhow short answer, things got worse.
fnzeee
New here

Post by fnzeee »

Possibly related, I noticed memory usage running ridiculously high with all processes at rest. The culprit was AI Core, which was consuming over 700 MB. Stopping and restarting brought that down to 29 MB. Appears to be a memory leak with AI Core / QuMaggie. Will check the indexing processes next time it runs high to see if it is stuck at 99% as it was for you.
unrealnas
New here

Post by unrealnas »

Hi everyone,

I have Qumagie 1.8.3 and when I select multiple photos to download the produced zip is always 0byte with no content.
Anyone have the same problem? Is this a known bug to Qnap Comnpany? :|

Thanks!
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

How should we know if this a known bug to QNAP? This is a user forum, QNAP does not come here.

Open a ticket with QNAP to report bugs

Topic closed for necroposting

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”